❹❼ American Gothic

☽◯☾
𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

|¢hคptēr f໐rtฯ Şēงēຖ - Aмєяιcαη Ɠσтнιc|

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

I walk out of the alley and see the crowded street and the 'Welcome to Willoughby, Pennsylvania' sign. When I talked to Elijah while I was in Italy, he told me he settled in this small town. He was looking for something simple but trying to live something simple with a certain somebody. Especially when I heard Katherine's voice calling his name in the background before he rushed to get off the phone.

I cast a locator spell for Katherine. The familiar red magic line appears, and I follow it out of the busy little town square into multiple suburban houses. I see kids' toys and bikes in almost every driveway and some people sitting on their porches. I want a home like one of these. It's basically the perfect home to raise a family in. I rub my hands over the swell of my stomach. I haven't covered it the past couple of hours because everyone I was around knows I'm pregnant.

"Took you long enough to find me, Luna Sestra." Katherine's voice speaks up from her place on an all-white porch, rocking back and forth on a matching bench swing. I walk towards the porch steps as she crosses her legs and smirks as she watches me come up the stairs before it suddenly falls when I get closer and she sees my stomach. Her eyes widen as she sits up in her seat. She then got up and opened the front door, motioning me in.

I walk into the home, and It's a lovely ass house, actually homey, to be honest.

"Who would have known that monster still has living swimmers," Katherine says while taking a gulp straight from a bottle of bourbon off the coffee table.

I cringe at her word choice. "Don't ever say that to me again, but anyway, we are going to have a baby."

"That wolf girl failed to tell me that you were pregnant." She says.

"My cousin had only found out after we needed to protect her from someone you hired to kill her." I glare.

"Okay, sorry about that. I wanted to tie up loose ends, but it seemed to lead everyone right to me." She sighs. "But you always knew where I was."

"I knew where Elijah was and how he feels about you, so I figured you two wouldn't be too far apart," I explain before glancing at a pair of man shoes by the front door. " Well, a lot closer than I expected."

"I wanted to settle down, and I'm tired of running from Klaus." She rolls her eyes, and I laugh. She glares at me as I bust out laughing.

"Katherine, I'm guessing I was something to you when you were human?" I ask, and she nods. "You told me once that luna sestra means 'moon sister,' and you used to have one."