❷❸ Disturbing Behavior

|Chapter Twenty Three|

"𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙞 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙩𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙠

"𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙞 𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙩𝙡𝙪𝙘𝙠. 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙞."

If I had ever told my younger self that I would be shopping with an original vampire... she'd probably look at me crazy. My aunt would probably scream at me in different languages, and to be honest; I think my parents are literally rolling in their graves right now.

"Put this dress on her, dear." I hear Rebekah tell the compelled salesperson who has been helping me try on clothes for the last two hours. Since Rebekah only had clothes from the 20's Klaus decided we do some retail, but he and Stefan are starting to regret coming since they keep groaning every time Rebekah tries on clothes and hands me some too.

I haven't talked much to Rebekah, but I gathered that she is like her big brother, adding bratty and low temper. I noticed that every time she starts to say something to me, Klaus cuts her off and starts to talk about something else. The only thing I can say to her is about how everything's changed. It's like he doesn't want her to say something specific to me, and I bet my left pinky toe has to do with who Adrienne is and why Rebekah said her name when looking at me and why I can feel her looking at me sometimes.

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah calls out from the other dressing room.

"There's probably not." I state. Based on some of the clothes I've tried on so far, it seems like nothing in this store is modest. I hear a curtain moving and heels walking.

"So women in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes?" Rebekah asks.

"Hey! Not all of us!"

"You know I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." Rebekah continues.

I'm giving her a dirty look for even using the word trousers.