❷❷ The End of the Affair

|Chapter Twenty Two|

"𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙈𝙧 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚

"𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙈𝙧 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚. 𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮."

"I told you they would die out before your master race can even start, but nooo, you didn't want to listen to me, did you?" I state as I sit in the passenger seat of the truck. After Stefan and I came back to the camp last night to find that Klaus had to kill the rest of the new hybrids because they went crazy. So he wakes us up early as hell this morning before the sun has even risen and has us sitting in the car for hours to end up looking for some witch to explain what went wrong. " And why the hell are we in Chicago looking for a witch, and you have one sitting here."

"Are you offering your assistance, love?" I roll my eyes at the name.

"I offered it before. I told you I want Stefan and I to go home, and that's not possible if your hybrids keep failing to turn."

"You are remarkable, but we're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

"So she's stronger than me?"

"No, but- "

"Then she's useless." I cut him off, causing him to chuckle as the car finally came to a stop.

" I cut him off, causing him to chuckle as the car finally came to a stop

Third point of view

The three of them walk in a dim bar that Klaus said his witch works in, which is empty maybe because of it still being early...or it's just a lame bar, Carter thinks as the irritation speaks.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" He asks Stefan.

" I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan says, shocked.