❺ Chapter Five

☽◯☾ 

 𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

[¢hคptēr fiงē]

[𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍]

"None of mч frıends ɯıll dıe bч чour hαnds

"None of mч frıends ɯıll dıe bч чour hαnds. I love them lıke fαmılч."

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

"Bonnie is here," Annalise says, opening my door. I lift my head slightly from under my covers towards her voice, confused. Bonnie didn't call and say she was coming over. I hear her footsteps, and a weight on my bed plops down. "Hi." I say, still tucked under my covers.

"You're a bad friend." She says seriously.

What the hell?

"Annalise made peach cobbler yesterday, and you didn't let me know." She says, whacking my arm, and then I notice the smell of peach cobbler. For a second, I thought she was about to say something about the Salvatores being vampires. She freaks out as enough about being a witch. Knowing about vampires isn't going to help.

"It slipped my mind with everything that happened lately." I mutter. I didn't get any sleep last night. Every time I would close my eyes, I would see Damon's vampire face and feel Vicki biting into my neck. I'm honestly starting to miss when I would dream about the mysterious blonde hair guy with blue eyes. I haven't dreamt about him since I lost my sight, though. 

"So I have to tell you something, and you must keep it a secret. I plan to tell Elena later, but if it slips my mind,  I need to swear you to secrecy." She says seriously.

"Okay, So what's the big secret?" I ask, sitting up on my bed.

" So everything my Grams told me, it's true. I'm a witch, and I'm absolutely scared." She says. I stare in the direction of Bonnie's voice and laugh hard. "Really, Carter?" She says dryly.

I pull my hand up and snap my fingers, conjuring a small flame at the tips of my fingertips. She gasps in shock. "Now we can be badass witches together." I smirk.

" Oh my god!" Bonnie exclaims, jumping up and down on my bed. "How long have you known?"

"Since I was a toddler. My mom was a witch and taught me everything I know." I say, shrugging. I loved magic lessons with mom. We would sit in the garden, and dad would sit on the deck reading a book, occasionally watching our lessons.

" So you can teach me some magic?" She says excitedly jumping up and down on my bed.

"Okay, slow down now. I won't teach you any serious stuff. We will leave that up to Grams. But I can teach this cool levitation spell." I say, smiling causing her to squeal.