❶❼ Bad Moon Rising

| Chapter Seventeen |

"𝙄𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙚, 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙥 𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧?"

I stare at Stefan in shock as he fills me in on what's been going on while I've been in the hospital the last two days after I collapsed at Founder's day. Caroline got in a bad car crash that night. She wasn't recovering too well, so Damon gave her his blood, but Katherine came back in town who chopped up John's fingers, then paraded around as Elena before killing Caroline, making her become a vampire.

"Well, you all had an eventful two days..." I state, taking a sip from the hot chocolate Stefan made for me as I lay on his bed.

Damon was also kissing Katherine that night, thinking she's Elena and then killing Jeremy because Elena rejected him. Which I'm not talking to him for because that was fucking reckless to kill Jeremey because of his hurt feelings. He's lucky Jeremy had on that damn Gilbert ring.

While all this was going home, I was basically in and out in the hospital from exhaustion. When my magic kicked in and repaired my energy Stefan was the one who picked me up from the hospital because Annalise got a call that her sister and her family were in a bad fire before I left for the parade, and she isn't back yet. When she found out that I was in the hospital, she tried to take the first flight back to me, but I convinced her that I'm fine and that Stefan can take care of me. I purposely left out that I broke my leg when I passed out. By the time she comes back, I can ditch the cast that comes up to my knee and just say I have a bad Charlie horse to cover for the limping.

" Yeah, it's been crazy, and to top the cake, we need to figure out what's going on with the Lockwoods." He says.

" Wait, what's going on with the Lockwoods?" I ask, confused.

" Mayor Lockwood heard the same noise as all the vampires, and he was killed by one down there. Then his brother comes,  I do an arm wrestle with him at the carnival, and he beats me...even with my vampire strength."

"Wait, back up, the mayor died!?" Well, damn it, now I have to not only check on Caroline, but now I gotta check on Tyler. "Wait, you said brother, You mean Mason?"

"Yeah."

I remember seeing Mason a couple of times when we were kids, but he didn't come over much since I think his and Tyler's dad's relationship was...strained.

"Alaric just got here and is downstairs with Elena and Damon right now. So let's see if we can find out more about them.'' Stefan says as I hear him get off the bed. I nod my head placing my now empty mug on the bedside table that Stefan told me was there when I first entered the room. I started to move my legs off the bed to stand up and reach for where I left my crutches, but before I can two strong arms are wrapped around me, one going under my legs and the other on my waist as I'm lifted bridal style.