❶❺ Chapter Fifteen

| Chapter Fifteen |

"Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me

"Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. I don't have any."

The last couple of days have been peaceful, and it's really starting to bug me, like the calm before the storm. I called Lenore and asked if she could figure out anything about the necklace, but she just said it's been filled with Crescent magic for centuries so that doesn't help me get any closer to figuring out what the council wants with it.

Damon and I have been spending a lot of time together and it's been nice watching movies with him while he made fun of the characters, walking through the town, and the sex is really really nice.

" We haven't hung out in forever," Bonnie says as I hear her shut the car door behind me, linking her arm through mine. 

"Yeah, it definitely feels like it" I agree as we walk forward. Bonnie called me earlier and said she was picking me up so we can go to the grill and I didn't object. I'm really hungry and had a sweet tooth all day. The closer we walk to the grill the more I start to get a weird feeling.

Now, what's going on?

I hear a crowd of people laughing and talking signaling that we are in the grill when suddenly an arm grabs mine and yanks me away from Bonnie as I hear her call out my name. I hear a whoosh sound before my back collides with something hard and a hand wraps around my throat as I dangle a few feet from the ground.

"Carter Crescent," an unfamiliar female voice says

"Carter Crescent," an unfamiliar female voice says. I control my breathing as the hand tightens. "You have something I want."

Who the hell is this lady and what the hell is she talking about?

I  feel the sapphire warm against my neck and I call my magic combining it with the stone, feeling my magic flow out of me. Suddenly the hand on my neck disappears as I fall to the floor coughing while the woman groans in pain. I glare in the direction of their sounds and I'm about to break their bones when I hear a whoosh sound.

"Carter!" Damon yells while I hear Alaric yell "Isobel!"

I feel Damon's hands around my arms pulling me up softly before lifting my chin up slightly to look at the bruises that are most likely forming on my neck. "I'm going to kill her" He growls out.