❷⓿ The Birthday

| Chapter Twenty |

"𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣

"𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣."

I bang my head against the car window, each hit getting harder and harder.

"Love, if you keep hitting your head, you will have a concussion." The irritation speaks.

" I was aiming for something more severe, like splitting my head open, to get away from this hellish 'vacation' I've been dragged along for." I sneer.

"Now, I don't think that would be smart to do with Stefan around."

I hear Stefans breath hitch causing me to sigh. I won't splatter my blood everywhere...again. Stefan is already having a hard time being around me while my blood is still inside of me. One tiny drop will probably drive him ballistic.

"I will settle for a mild concussion then."

"Carter, please." Stefan speaks up, his voice tired from all the bickering me and the irritation have been doing back and forth since he kidnapped me. Which he still hasn't given a good enough reason as to why he did. He keeps saying he enjoys my company which is a lie because all we do is argue for the past two months, and I may have set him on fire a couple of times.

"Fine, I will be a good abducted teenager." I mock, causing the irritation to chuckle. " Where are we going anyway? You said you were looking for werewolves, but we haven't run into a single one of them."

"Patience is a virtue."

"You robbed me of my entire summer. If you are going to drag me on your big evil schemes, then actually start doing them because I'm getting bored."

                 ♥ ♥ ♥ third point of view ♥ ♥ ♥

"For the record, when I said I was bored, I didn't mean I wanted to participate in your evil schemes." Carter says as she listens to a woman calling out for a dog.

"Rudy!" She whistles. "Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you."

She turns around to picks up a dog toy when Klaus flashes them behind her. When she turns back around, She jumps, startled by seeing a taller white man with curly dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes wearing a dark grey henley and some dark blue jeans. He has his arm around a dark-skinned girl with black hair that goes past her shoulders and bangs falling over her forehead, grey eyes sticking out from under them. The girl is shorter than the man she notices and wearing a short red summer dress that hugs her figure. The man holding her close to his side.

"I'm so sorry." Klaus apologizes in an American accent. " I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?" She asks, eyeing the two suspiciously, wondering how they got so close to the house when she was just looking out into the open field and didn't see anybody.