❸❺The Departed

☽◯☾

𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

[¢hคptēr thirtฯ fiงē -Ƭнє Ɗєραятєɗ]

"ɪ ᴄαη'ᴛ ѕєє, ɪ'ຕ ʙƖɪηɗ ʙƖɪηɗ ʙƖɪηɗ"

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

There was never a moment in my life when I didn't have a dream. My sleep was always filled with dreams, no matter how terrifying or normal they could be. When I closed my eyes, I dreamed, even if it was just a nap. So when music from my radio wakes me up from the darkness, I'm confused. More confused about why I'm woken up by a Pink song and not the annoying alarm sound. There is movement next to me on the bed, and I open my eyes to see my boyfriend Caleb groaning as he pushes the chemistry book off his chest, then hits the alarm a couple of times to turn it off.

Usually, when we both have tests, he spends the night since we study until exhaustion hits us.

"Sorry, I listened to music when you fell asleep to keep me up while I studied the last chapter." He apologizes, pushing my history book off my lap, letting it fall to the floor as I laugh when he pulls me closer to kiss me.

"You're crossing a line," I mutter as we continue to kiss as he moves on top of me.

He sighs before pulling away. "Yes, I know. I know your parents like me, but not like like me."

"We like you." My father's voice says, causing both of us to scream and pull apart to see him standing in my doorway with a smirk. "I just don't like the idea of my little girl having sex."

"Dad!" I yell before grabbing my stuffed animal and tossing it at his head. He dodges it obviously before leaving, laughing as his footsteps go down the stairs. Caleb chuckles beside me, and I glare at him. "He's embarrassing."

"All parents are." He shrugs. "My mom told me it's in the job description."

I shake my head at him before getting out of bed and grabbing my stuff to get in the shower while Caleb packs his books in his bag. When he's done, he swings the bag over his shoulder and kisses me on the cheek before saying he will see me at school later. After he leaves, I take a shower and put on my uniform. I stuff my extra clothes in a purple duffle bag with stars and moons that my Dad got me for Christmas, with my pom poms and head downstairs. I place my duffle bag by the front door and head into the kitchen to see my Aunt Lenore drinking coffee at the counter.

"Ooo, cheerleading practice today?" She asks, giving me a smirk as I groan.

"Unfortunately. I'm starting to think it was not worth becoming captain if Caroline is always irritating me." I sit at the counter, watching the fridge door open by itself, and a carton of orange juice floats out while a glass floats out of the cabinet. The juice pulls into the glass before being placed on the counter before me.