❸❽The Five

☽◯☾

𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

[¢hคptēr thirtฯ ēiງht -Ƭнє Ƒινє]

1100 A.D

In the middle of a forest, a witch is holding a cauldron of fire. Five men stand around her in a circle with their swords touching the ground. The witch is performing a spell in Latin. She holds the cauldron above her head, and the fire is struck by a lightning bolt. She lowers the cauldron to the ground and pours the fire out. The fire spreads towards the sword blades and runs up them. The five men have the hunter's tattoo spreading up their arms and across their chests. One of the men raises his sword and the symbol which the hunter has carved into his stakes is seen on the blade.

I sip some of Nik's blood out of a mug as I watch him from my place on the couch in his art room painting after explaining to me what the five is. He wanted me to drink it every day since he said things were going to start getting complicated and very dangerous soon and he didn't wanna take any chances when it came to my life. So here I am drinking his blood from a green Slytherin house cup.

"So you want this cure for Elena so you can use her blood again?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, love. I can continue to make more hybrids."

"You do know that they aren't going to want to be devoted to you their whole life. They are not Rebekah Nik. Just like her, they will want to become their own person and will." I explain, and he stops painting to turn towards me with a frown. " Don't look at me like that I keep telling you don't need them. Mikael is gone, and you are the first hybrid who happens to have a powerful witch at his side. You don't need them for protection."

He looks like he's thinking about what I said, but once his eyes fill back with determination, he's not going to follow it.

I finish the cup of blood and place it on the coffee table before walking towards him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He's painting a scenery I don't recognize, but it's beautiful, of course—my artistic wolf. I hear a car horn going off repeatedly, and I roll my eyes, knowing it's Damon. "I have to go, my wolf. I will be back later tonight," I state.

Professor Shane invited Bonnie and me to come to Whitemore to see Grams class he took over. It was going to be a cool trip with just the two of us, but somehow Elena and Damon are crashing it. whatever, I still want to have some fun. Niks pulls me into a kiss that was supposed to be short but soon was turned very heated. Of course, the sound of the horn going off again causes me to groan.