❹❺Bring It On

☽◯☾

𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

|¢hคptēr f໐rtฯ fiงē - Ɓяιηg Iт Oη|

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

"You are nervous, moon child." The woman who calls herself starry one says to me as we lay in the same field from once before. I remember talking with Caroline all night before closing my eyes and then opening the back up to the starry sky. This time, I am not confused about where I am or the woman lying next to me who is still only wearing flowers as clothes along with me. The flowers stretched to fit my now-swelled belly.

"How can I not be?" I ask. My mind has been plagued with worries about my child, and no matter how hard I try to calm myself and say my magic and their father protect my baby, I can't help that feeling that keeps telling me I'm wrong.

"Your baby will be just fine, you know that."

"I don't feel that."

"You are worrying about everything around you but not focusing on what really matters." She says, and I stare at her as she places her hand on my belly. "She will be beautiful, loved, strong, powerful, healthy, and more. All that baby really needs. No matter what's happening around her, she will be all those things."

I can't help but smile as she confirms I was right about every time I pictured the baby. It's a girl. I haven't told Nik because I wasn't sure, and I figured we could find out when we make a doctor's appointment.

Then, on top of that, I haven't even told Annalise and Lenore that I'm pregnant. I last talked to them when I stayed in Italy longer. This is a more face-to-face conversation anyway, so I need to find the time to let them know.

"You doubt your gifts, moon child." She asks. "Never doubt anything. You will be correct a lot, unfortunately." Starry one continues to rub my belly as her hand glows and starts muttering things in a language, and I don't even know what it is.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

She stops muttering, and her hand stops glowing before smiling at me. "Blessing your child, of course. Just like I had blessed you."

I smile at her and lean back into the grass, closing my eyes.