Trust Me

Scar's POV

I begin to panic as the boy starts to move a little, looking to Ezra for help. He merely shrugs.

"You're on your own kid. Besides, someone has to distract Xisuma, and I happen to be very good at that"

I glare at him, but he only gives me his classic smirk, before disappearing into the water. I duck behind a rock as the blonde sits up, my heart pounding in my chest.

"H-hello? Is anyone there?"

I feel my cheeks light up red. Heck, even this guy's voice is cute. He has a British accent, but not like Xisuma's or Ezra's. It's more high pitched, but not in an annoying way, more in an adorable way.

I can't help but peek over the rock at him, watching as he stands up, looking around. He seems perfect, from the way his hair falls over his eyes, to the way he walks so gracefully.

His eyes go in my direction, and just like the day I first saw him, they meet mine. Only, he doesn't seem scared this time, only curious. I poke my head out from behind the rock, still very unsteady on my legs.

"Hi" the boy says softly

"Hi" I respond. I've now officially broken all of Xisuma's rules. I'm on land, I've changed forms and I'm talking to a human, not to mention all the other small things I've done.

"I... I've seen you before, haven't I?" He asks, tilting his head a little as he comes closer. I nod, trying not to blush.

He's now very close, and studies my face with his beautiful, grey-blue eyes.

"Did you bring me here?"

I nod again.

"Ok... I'm Grian"

Grian.

It's such a beautiful name, one that matches him perfectly. It's a name that means Sun, and I think it fits perfectly.

"Uh... I'm Scar"

Grian smiles

"That's a nice name... but if you don't mind me asking, how did you bring me here?"

"I... swam"

"But that storm was huge! How did you do that?"

Oh crap. This isn't going well. Unless I pull up a good excuse for being able to carry Grian through a massive storm completely on my own, he's going to get suspicious and figure out what I am.

"Scar?"

I'm snapped out of my panic trance when Grian says my name. Biting my lip, I look him in the eye.

"I know I just met you... but can you keep a secret?"

He's clearly confused, but Grian nods anyway.

I try to remember what Ezra once told me about changing. He told me it was easier to be in the right environment, but it didn't really matter. It was your willpower that did it. If you didn't truly want to change forms, it was impossible.

So before Grian can say anything, I turn around and jump into the water.

I forget humans can't breathe underwater, quickly having to hold my breath. I try to focus on wanting to be a merman again, and within a matter of seconds, I feel that pain again. It's not as bad as last time, but it still hurts a lot.

A euphoric relief washes over me as the pain disappears, and I look down to see my tail again. The clothes I was wearing are gone, but they'll probably come back if I change again. Smiling, I push my head above the water again.

Grian stares at me in confusion, not able to see my tail yet.

"Do you trust me when I promise I won't hurt you?" I ask. He takes a moment to consider my words, before nodding.

"Then I trust you not to tell anyone about this" I respond, motioning for him to come over. He does, hesitantly walking into the water until he's waist deep, and right next to me.

I move my tail forward a little, brushing it against his legs. He gasps, backing away from me.

"W-wait... you're a... they're..."

He looks at me in shock, and I smile shyly.

"I'm dreaming" Grian concludes "Mermaids aren't real!"

"Technically I'm a merman" I respond "Half Merman to be specific. This is real, trust me."

"No way... that's actually really cool! Biffa wasn't kidding!"

"What's Biffa?"

"Oh, he's one of my friends. He said he met a merman 5 years ago... and I always thought he made it up!"

"Oh... ok! Speaking of your friends,?do you want me to take you back to your ship? They're probably very worried"

"If you can, that would be amazing!"

'Anything for you' I think, but only nodding. I then turn around.

"Ok, you'll want to hold on"

His arms wrap around my chest, and I feel my cheeks light up. The feeling of his soft hands on me makes me blush like crazy. Trying to ignore these thoughts, I start swimming. That wouldn't be easy though, it's a long way back to the ship.

The best I can do is try not to embarrass myself, but I think we all know how well that's gonna go.