Hi Again

Scar's POV

I double check to make sure BDubs is asleep. Of course he is, that man could sleep through an earthquake. Making sure there's nobody else around, I quietly slip out the door and up toward the ship.

Grian's sitting cross legged in the sand, staring out at the water. He seems so happy and calm, just sitting there. I poke my head above the water and he smiles.

"I was worried you wouldn't come... I wanted to thank you for earlier. My friends seemed so broken when they thought I died... I don't know what would've happened had you not saved me"

I blush as I pull myself up onto the beach, and Grian giggles.

"What?"

"Sorry, you just look a little... funny"

"Well I'll have you know this thing has a fair bit of weight to it!" I reply, motioning to my tail.

"Can't you just do the thing where you turn human?"

"Oh... yeah"

Grian bursts out laughing, falling backwards onto the sand. I feel my cheeks light up, wincing in pain as I quickly change.

When he finally calms down, he looks at me curiously.

"Scar? Can all merpeople do that?"

I shake my head

"My friends and I can do it because we're half human... most of us."

"Really?"

"Yeah, my friend Wels is half elf, and Tango is half fire Demon."

"Fire Demon?!"

"Yep. Some merman had the genius idea to have a child with someone from the Nether, which resulted in Tango having red eyes, horns and fire power, which is useless underwater."

"Huh... thats actually really cool! But, if most of your friends are half human, then it doesn't make sense to me that you aren't allowed near regular humans"

"The others are scared of you. They think you'll capture us or kill us if we go near you"

"Oh... I'm sorry they think that, it's really not true."

"I believe you. I doubt you'd ever try to hurt me."

Grian blushes, going kinda quiet for a moment. Then he seems to remember something.

"Oh! Scar there's something I wanna show you, stay here!"

I nod, and he runs off toward the ship. I smile, even the way Grian runs is cute and full of happiness.

"Aw, does someone have a crush?"

I almost scream, but stop myself before I wake the people on the ship up. I turn around to see Ezra again, and exhale in relief.

"Y-you scared me! And I don't have a- well, maybe I do, but-"

"Called it. I kinda wish Xisuma was here, just to see the look on his face."

He sees the panic in my eyes and laughs

"Jeez! Don't worry! I'm in a similar position and therefore won't-"

"Wait. Similar position?!" I interrupt

"Oh... was that out loud?" He mumbles awkwardly

"Yes it was. Now explain yourself"

He opens his mouth, about to speak when

"Who's that?"

I turn to see Grian again, holding a ball of fluff. I smile.

"Don't worry, this is just my friend Ezra. He's actually ok with humans. Now better question, what's that?"

"Oh... ok?"

Giggling slightly, he shows me the fluffball. It moves a little, and I realise it's a tiny animal.

"It's a stowaway kitten I found on board. I though you'd find her cute"

He gently passes me the kitten, and it's the softest thing I've ever felt.

"You can name her if you want" Grian suggests

"What about Shihtzu?" Ezra jokingly suggests "Shit for short"

Grian snickers, but I shake my head

"Or Richard" Ezra continues

"Richard?" I repeat

"Dick for short"

Now even I'm laughing, the three of us a giggling mess.

"What about Jellie? She kinda reminds me of a jellyfish, all small and squishy"

"Well then that's her name! Jellie!" Grian responds "Warning though, cats eat fish"

I immediately put Jellie down in the sand again, scooting away from her nervously. Ezra only laughs.

"Oh come on, like that thing will hurt you Scar"

"He has a point. It's only a-"

Grian suddenly gasps, paling a little. I turn around, and my eyes widen.

There's another human.