Answers

Sneaking away isn't as easy as it seems.

First I need to wait till Xisuma's checked in on us, then I need to double and triple check that everyone's asleep, then finally make sure nobody notices that I'm gone.

It's not easy in the slightest, but having a housemate like BDubs makes things a bit better, seeing as he always sleeps the full night. Smiling, I make sure he's asleep one last time before swimming out the door and up towards the ship.

Grian's standing on the deck, leaning on the rail and not seeming to notice me as I quietly poke my head above the water. I feel myself blush a little. It's just like the day I first saw him.

He does eventually notice me, seeming a little surprised, before smiling. He motions for me to wait a minute, and climbs off the ship and down onto the beach. I come a little closer to the sand, waving as he runs over.

"I thought you wouldn't come" he admits, sitting down in front of me.

"Sorry... it takes a while to make sure nobody notices that I'm gone" I apologise "But it's better then being caught I guess"

"You're right... what would happen if you did get caught?"

"Well, I'd get into massive trouble and never be allowed near here again. Which isn't very fair seeing as it's literally second nature for me to live up here"

"Well that sounds kinda strict" Grian remarks, frowning. I nod, and for a minute we're both quiet.

"Scar, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" He eventually asks, and I tilt my head slightly.

"What kind of questions?"

"I've heard a lot of myths about merpeople and I was curious how much was true"

"Oh, that's ok"

"Ok... are all of you stunningly beautiful, or is that just a myth?"

"Well, I think everyone is beautiful no matter what they look like, but I think I'm just proof that statement isn't true" I reply

"I disagree. I think you're beautiful too" Grian tells me, smiling. I feel my entire face going bright red, and I awkwardly look away.

"All of you are great singers. Is that true or false?" He asks

"Oh, I guess that's true. We all have a natural talent when it comes to music"

"What about you?"

"Uh... I'm ok. I'm definitely no Siren, but I have been told I'm good" I respond embarrasedly, worried I'm blushing too much.

"What about that some merpeople lure sailors to their death?"

"Ohh... that's not true. It's only Sirens who can do that, and there's been less then ten cases in the last century, seeing as it's been made illegal."

Grian seems mildly surprised by this one, and I assume it's because of the last bit. I'm going to say something else, but completely forget whatever it is when Jellie comes running over. The cat stops running when she sees my tail, pausing to look at me.

"Oh... forgot about that" I mumble, before inhaling sharply as the familiar pain comes back. Funny, I'd thought it wouldn't hurt by now.

When she sees my legs, Jellie seems even more confused. She eventually accepts it though, coming over to get attention.

"Does that hurt every time?" Grian asks sympathetically. I nod, hugging Jellie closely. Grian hugs me, and the three of us just cuddle in silence for a few minutes. I notice the cut I got earlier has shown up just above my ankle, which is interesting. It's no longer bleeding, luckily, but it's cool how I still keep my injuries after I change.

After another minute, Grian looks up at the sky.

"Hate to cut this so short, but it's later then I thought"

"Oh... sorry about that. But I do need to go" I mumble, voice muffled by his chest. I pull out of the hug, standing up with a smile.

"See you again?" I ask, Grian also standing up

"Of course I will" he promises. With a smile, I nod, running back towards the sea.

Jumping in, I don't change for a moment, enjoying the feeling of cool water surrounding my body. Then I change back again, heading back toward my home. When I get through the door, the sun is already beginning to rise, and it looks beautiful through the water.

"Where were you?"

Oh no