Love

Scar's POV

Grian doesn't let go of my hand as we duck beneath clashing swords and narrowly avoid swinging blades. We're almost at the back of the ship, and we've thankfully gone unnoticed so far.

Grian's received a cut across the face, but he's convinced me so far that it's only minor, and that the current priority is Ezra and Xisuma. Tumbling below the deck, we startle a panicked Xisuma.

"Whoever you are, stay away or I'll- Scar?!"

"Hi" I mumble awkwardly. X looks me up and down with pure disappointment on his face, having not seen Grian yet.

"I'm not even gonna- WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE?!"

Grian has stood up, dusting the sand from his hair and catching Xisuma's eye. The Admin shoots me a filthy glare.

"We couldn't rescue you guys alone! He agreed to help!" I argue

"For all you know he's in league with those pirates!"

"I can assure you that I'm not" Grian responds, glaring at Xisuma "I'm only here because you mean so much to Scar, so I'd accept help while the offer still remains"

Doc comes crashing through the trapdoor, two pirates in close pursuit

"Grian? This is kind of a good time to get to the rescuing bit!" He yells, blocking their attacks

The creeper grabs both men and slams their heads together, knocking them out, before running back up to the deck.

"LOOK OUT!" someone then screams

Grian grabs a sword, and in a split second blocks a blade that was about to slice my arm off. The pirate who tried to attack me kicks the blonde to the ground, yanking the sword out his hand and aiming directly for his heart...

When he's knocked out by a heavy punch to the head.

The man collapses to the ground, and I see a very much human Xisuma standing over him with a surprised look on his face.

"I just did that... I actually just did that" he whispers, staring at his tightened fist, and then down at his legs.

"Nice one, knew you had it in you" Ezra tells his brother with a smirk, changing forms and standing up

"Thanks... you just saved my life" Grian says with a grateful smile

"Um... yeah. Let's just get out of here" Xisuma mumbles, averting the boy's gaze.

Up on the deck, Grian's friends have beaten the crap out of the pirates. Those who aren't knocked out are tied up, with swords pointed at them to make it clear escape isn't an option. In the water, the merfolk beam proudly at the chaos caused, Impulse high-fiving Zed and Tango.

Xisuma stares at the teamwork in surprise, and Grian smiles

"Scar saved me from drowning, so we owed him one."

"We were glad to help" False explains

"And they did a pretty good job if you ask me" Wels remarks

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Biffa. He's nervously watching, seemingly contemplating coming over. I smile at him, nodding towards Xisuma and giving him a thumbs up.

Biting his lip, he shuffles over and taps Xisuma on the shoulder. The Admin turns, seeming slightly confused, before his face fills with shock, and then pure fury.

The sailor immediately receives a fist to the jaw, before being tackled and pinned to the ground.

"What the HELL are you doing here?!" X growls