Advice

Grian's POV

I find myself thinking about Scar quite often, but I don't know why. I always get exited at the thought of seeing him, and the smallest things can bring him to mind, especially Jellie. Despite being allergic and slightly terrified of cats, Doc let me keep her. Iskall has teased me, saying Doc always had a soft spot for me. I don't know if that's true or not, seeing as Iskall teases anyone over anything, but Cleo had backed them up, insisting the captain had a crush on me.

The pair figured Etho would know, seeing as he's Doc's closest friend, but he had just told them it wasn't his place to tell others about Doc's feelings. Cleo and Iskall decided to take that as a yes, and haven't stopped teasing me since. I don't bother to tell them to stop, but it has grown quite annoying lately, especially because I don't like Doc as anything more then a friend. Heck, I'm not even sure if I'm into guys.

'Then why do you find Scar cute?'

The thought comes out of nowhere, and it makes my cheeks light up bright red. I don't find him attractive... do I? No, of course not. He's just a friend. A friend who saved my life. And might be a little bit cute now that I think about it.

Burying my face in my hands, I groan. Why are feelings so confusing?! Why can't I just call Scar my friend and be satisfied with that? Why do I have to blush all the time when I'm around him? Why does he have to be so likeable?

Sighing, I decide to try distract myself by heading back down onto the island we've stopped at. Doc decided it would be best to give everyone some time after what happened to me before setting off again. Biffa also found a lot of things he could fix on the ship in the meantime to make it safer and less likely to sink. That was good, I at least have another 4 days with Scar before we leave.

Crossing my legs, I stare out at the water and wonder what my new friend is doing. Maybe he's still asleep, or he could be awake and maybe exploring the ocean. I don't really know what merpeople do for fun. Maybe I'll ask him later-

A yell comes from the ship, and I immediately run toward it, hoping everything is ok. Biffa was the one who yelled, and apparently found a large hole at the bottom of the ship, which is letting lots of water in very quickly. As the Brit grabs a large tarp we use as a spare sail to block the hole, Doc tells me to get the spare planks, which I retrieve and give to Biffa. The man has a natural talent for ship maintenance, and is fixing the hole straight away.

He manages to board up the hole after about 10 minutes, but there's still water leaking through, and he'll have to waterproof the inside of the ship again. For now, he leaves the tarp over the remainder of the hole, and sits down with a heavy sigh.

"That hole wasn't there before. Something made it when I was getting my toolbox, and I doubt it was a shark. You don't tend to find Hammerheads around this area, and I don't think any other sharks can make a hole like that. Does anyone know what might've happened?"

I think it might've been an angry merperson. Scar had said his friends aren't too happy with us being here, they could be trying to get rid of us. It kinda makes sense, but I have no idea how to suggest that idea to the others, especially since I've told them time and again that I don't believe in mermaids.

"Uh... Biffa you know how you're certain there might be people down there?" I begin

The sailor nods, looking slightly confused. Etho shoots me a look, wordlessly reminding me not to reveal too much.

"Yeah, I'm certain of it" Biffa responds

"Well maybe there's someone, or something, who might not want us here. I'm not necessarily saying it's a merperson, but I have a theory that we've angered something down there..."