Caught

Scar's POV

I'm worried.

I'm worried for Grian, I'm worried for Ezra and I'm especially worried for Xisuma.

So that's why I make the GENIUS decision of seeing Grian, only for a few minutes.

He's already at the edge of the ship, which makes things a lot easier. I swim up to the ship, and he sees me, looking surprised.

"Scar, I told you to stay safe!"

"I know... but I'm worried for you. And I kinda miss you already"

Grian smiles, laughing a little.

"Fine, I'll come down"

He quietly climbs down off the ship and comes over. I beam, swimming up toward the sand and carefully pulling myself up beside him. Grian gently embraces me, letting me cuddle up beside him.

"So what has you worried about me?"

"The pirates"

"Scar, I'll be ok. You should be concerned for yourself, not me"

"I can't help but worry for you! Its like I can't think of anything else... I care about you too much to see something happen to you"

My brain is screaming at me to tell him the way I feel, and I think it might be the right time.

"Grian? There's something I need to tell you"

"Yeah?" He asks, placing his hand on mine. I look into those beautiful eyes of his, knowing my face is red right now.

"I like you. As much more then a friend. I- I get if you don't feel the same way because heck, half my body is a freaking fish and-"

"Scar" Grian says softly, pulling me out of my panicked state "It's ok... I feel the same way"

I feel my breathing quicken, my heart seeming to jump with joy and disbelief.

"R-Really?" I ask, feeling my breath catch slightly.

He only smiles, caressing my cheek with his hand. He gently leans in, and my entire stomach seems to do a backflip. No way, he can't be... Is he actually gonna...

His lips brush against mine, before my arm is grabbed and I'm pulled back under the water.

I swear to god, if this is Ezra trying to fuck this up for me, I'll-

I stop dead, feeling an awful dread brewing inside of me. I feel like I'm gonna pass out, or puke, or a horrible mixture of both.

It's Xisuma.

"Scar are you ok?! What happened, did that human hurt you?!"

"No, Xisuma he-"

I'm cut off as Grian jumps into the water after me. X immediately holds me close to him, pointing his trident directly at Grian's neck.

"Stay away from him!" He roars, as I desperately try to escape his grasp.

"Grian don't-"

I'm cut off by Xisuma giving me a dangerous glare full of anger.

"Do you know him?!" He demands, looking down at me, keeping Grian pinned against a rock and unable to move. The boy is quickly running out of air.

"Xisuma let him go! He's gonna drown I'd you keep him there!" I yell

"And?! That's one less problem to deal with!"

"Don't let him die, please!" I beg

"Give me one good reason to spare his life" X spits, glaring in Grian's direction.

"Because I love him!"

There's silence. Xisuma lowers his trident, and Grian immediately pushes his head above the water, gasping for air. X's fist tightens, and he turns to me, eyes full of fury.

"What did you just say?" he seethes, voice quiet but dangerous.

I open my mouth to talk, but am shut down by the furious Admin.

"Go home right now, and don't DARE leave your house. Do you understand me?"

"But-"

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" He roars, forcing me against a rock. My eyes fill with fear. I've never seen Xisuma so angry before. I nod, eyes filling with tears, and he lets me go.

I don't turn back, tears flowing off my cheeks and into the ocean as I swim back home. I don't know what X gonna do to Grian, but I can only hope he won't be killed.

As soon as I'm home, BDubs immediately looks concerned.

"He... he found out didn't he?"

"You didn't tell him did you?" I ask, backing away slightly.

"No... he cane in and woke me up, saying you weren't here. I was too sleepy to think and just said I didn't know where you were... so he went to look for you"

"I'm sorry you had to get caught up in that... that's the last time I'll go up there during the day"

"That's the last time you go up there EVER" Someone growls, and I can tell Xisuma's back.

There's no blood on his trident, so I don't think Grian's dead... yet.

"Get out BDubs" X snaps, my roommate obeying fearfully. One he's gone, the Admin's face softens slightly, but not by a lot.

"You and I are gonna have a talk, and mark my words I will get the full truth out of you whether you like it or not."

He's no longer angry, but there's a sternness to his tone that tells me he can be if he wants to.

I look away in shame, knowing this might carry on for a while. The tears return when I realise I'm never going to see Grian again, and my heart sinks when I accept I'll never be allowed near the surface, or Ezra, as long as I stay here. To cut things short...

My life was just ruined in the space of 6 minutes.