Chapter Three {D} (EDITED)

Dmitry

I don't know what it was about that wolf but everytime I saw his face, it would put me in a bad mood. The devil must really be on my side because he just so happens to be in almost all of my classes. His presence alone was enough to make my skin crawl. But, at the end of the day, my education was on the line, so I tried my best to ignore him and focus on the teachers. I refused to make any more awkward eye contact with Mr Keller.

It was at the end of the school day when I had had my first real encounter with the prick.

Honestly, I pride myself in being really good at minding my own goddamn business. It urks me when people try to pry into my life and bother me when I clearly don't want to be bothered. And minding my business was exactly what I was doing until I felt a rough shove to my left shoulder. My textbooks had successfully fallen out of my hands due to the harsh, and utterly unnecessary, impact.

"What the fuck?" I yelled in annoyance then looked up to find familiar green eyes.

"You don't need to hog the whole hallway! Watch it, vamp!" He warned darkly yet quietly, insuring that no human students heard the 'v-word'.

"Are you kidding me? I'm literally standing right by my locker! Maybe you just need glasses to see where you're going. I thought wolves were supposed to have good eyesight," I spat. I may have sounded confident, but deep down I was praying my English was okay and what I had said actually made sense.

He glared menacingly at me then moved dangerously close. "I've seen you around all day. You're the new vamp from across the pond. Disgusting. Not only are you a vamp but you're a foreign vamp." My eyes narrowed at his words. Nothing like a sweet combo of prejudice and xenophobia.

"Ah, yes, that's me, I'm Dmitry, the disgusting foreign vampire. And you're Kennedy Keller, the alpha's son who just so happens to have a little obsession with me. I'm so thrilled to have my first fan!" I replied sarcastically.

"Oh shut the fuck up! And how do you know my name anyway? As if I'm the one with the 'obsession'." I smirked at his question then rolled my eyes.

"It's kind of hard not to hear about the school's biggest dick, Kenny."  I teased and he glared.

"Don't call me that, Demi-"

"Do not fucking call me that!" My sudden outburst shocked him, his eyes grew slightly in size and his brows furrowed. Nobody calls me Demi.

"You know what? We're pre-disposed to hate each other and it seems we already do. I don't know you and you don't know me. Let's keep it that way, okay? Talking to you is a waste of time and I need to go. Stay away from me, disgusting wolf." And with that, I picked up my shit and stormed off. Fucking hell, he pissed me off. Everything about him just gets under my skin.

No wonder Star told me to stay away from him.

...

After I stormed off, I found myself in the parking lot. Unsurprisingly, Vincent's sleek sudan was nowhere to be found. Thankfully I remembered the way home. I could get there in a few seconds if I wanted to by simply using my incredible speed, or I could shift into my bat form and fly. But I opted for a quiet stroll. I wanted to get to know my surroundings better and honestly, I needed to cool off after Kennedy had my blood pressure sky-rocketing. Fuck him.

One downside to my afternoon stroll was, of course, the sun. When a vampire is born, they're kept inside during the day and homeschooled until they turn ten. At ten years old, they receive a unique piece of jewellery made of a special metal that will allow them to walk in the sun. Each piece is carefully crafted for every individual. Some have necklaces, some have rings or bracelets or even earrings. It's kind of a right of passage for the Night Children. It symbolises a vampire being able to live some-what of a normal life.