Chapter Twenty Four {K}

Kennedy

I don't know what I was thinking, if I was at all. But watching Demi poor his heart out and share with me something so personal and heavy was heart wrenching. Saying that he deserves to die was simply the last straw for me. Dmitry carries a lot of darkness in his heart and it leads him to doing self-destructive things such as not eating or depriving himself of happiness.

He was a blubbering, delusional and ravenous mess and I did the only thing that came to mind. When his fangs popped out like a groundhog from the soil, I grabbed his neck and the back of his head, lurching him forward until my neck was being impaled. He needed food, and he needed it desperately.

"Mmm!" He whimpered then struggled against my iron grip on him. He was using the minuscule amount of strength he had left to try and pull away, but due to his malnourishment, that wasn't going to happen.

"Demi, listen to me, okay? Drink, please, you need it. Drink my blood!" I implored and he shook his head, causing his fangs fo lacerate my flesh.

"Demi, I trust you, you're not going to hurt me. David wasn't a werewolf with super strength, so if you get out of hand, I'll simply shove you away. But I know that you won't because you carry that pain in your heart and you'd never let that happen again. Please, baby, drink!" The pet-name slipped past my lips for a second time, but I didn't give a fuck. Demi continued to struggle and whine and writhe.

"If you don't drink, you could die, and I can't have that! Please, do it!" Tears of fear and frustration cascaded down my cheeks like rain drops sliding down a window pane.

"Please...ah!" Demi suddenly sank his teeth in further and began to suck, leaving me in a fever dream of stinging pain and unexpected pleasure. Is this what it feels like to get marked?

Words cannot fully describe the feeling. Once I was accustomed to the sensation, I exhaled a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. My left hand found his silky hair, fingers carding through his locks. My eyes shut and I resisted the urge to mewl at the surprisingly pleasant feeling.

"That's it, Demi, nourish yourself," I whispered then winced as his fangs penetrated even further. Although my body was losing blood, my heart felt full knowing that I was feeding the person who I've grown to care for a terrifying amount; my mate.

At some point, my eyelids began to droop and my brain felt like it was floating amongst the clouds. It had reached that dangerous point, the point where I was on the cusp of losing consciousness.

"Demi, I feel strange... I think that's...that's enough..." My previous plan of pushing him away was proving to become useless as I felt my own strength withering away with every drop of blood that he ingested.

"Demi..." And as if a switch went off in his head, he roughly pulled away, moving as far away from me as possible in the span of a split second. He brought his knees to his chest then hid his face in shame, but if only he knew in that moment how proud I truly was of him.

Being a werewolf has a lot of perks, but the one that probably stands out as the best is our ability to heal in record speed. The puncture wounds on my neck were already beginning to seal themselves and my body was working hard to replace my lost red blood cells via Mitosis. The previous lightheaded-ness was already dwindling.

Gingerly, I shuffled towards his trembling body, but this time he wasn't trembling due to his hunger. I sat cross-legged in front of him then moved to rest my hands on his arms, causing him to jump in fright.

"Demi, why are you hiding from me?"

"B-Because I went too far," he whimpered and my heart cracked.

"No you didn't. I felt a little light-headed, but I was fine-"