Chapter Fifteen {D}

Dmitry

"Get in the fucking car right now."

This bitch had the audacity to scare me half to death by swerving in front of me with that chunk of metal and then demands me to get into his fucking car! After the argument that we just had? I gave him an incredulous look.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, Demi. Get in the fucking car."

"Okay, you've officially lost it. You're out of your mind, Kennedy!" My left foot moved forward, initiating a step but Kennedy moved to block me from walking around him and his car.

"Move."

"No." There was a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Keller, do you suffer from short-term memory loss or something? Do you not recall the argument we just had? I don't want to get into your fucking car and I quite frankly don't understand why you'd want me to be in it," I ranted then shoved him harshly, causing him to stumble backwards. He then grabbed my wrist, forcing my retreating figure to turn and face him. My eyes darted to his hand around my wrist and I immediately retracted my arm.

"Don't touch me."

"Demi, can you just get into the Goddamn car-"

"Why? What are you trying to achieve?!" His mouth moved open and closed, open, closed, open, closed as though he was trying to decide on what he should say.

"I-I don't know..."

"You don't know?" I cocked an eyebrow and he looked down at the ground.

"I..." he sighed heavily then continued, "I want to give you a lift," he said through gritted teeth.

"Uh, yeah, I figured that much. But tell me why." My arms folded across my chest.

"B-Because...um...it's going to rain!" I gazed up at the sky and found that dark clouds had begun to cover the sky, a complete juxtaposition from the previous sunshine. My eyes met his again and I gave him an 'are you stupid?' look.

"Your memory clearly sucks. Or maybe you're just stupid. I can shift into a bat, remember?"

"But what if you get struck by lightning?"

"You'd love that wouldn't you? I could just use my speed." I seemed to have won because he remained silent. He bit his lip and I sighed then started walking again. I heard the sound of Kennedy's car door closing and suddenly he was driving as slow as I was walking. He shoved his head out of the window while simultaneously driving.

"You're going to get drenched," he said and I scoffed.

"That's funny coming from the dick who literally splashed me with his car on the first day we fucking met." He chuckled devilishly at that, causing me to roll my eyes.

A cool sensation started to tingle on my face and hands and before I knew it, it was drizzling. The clouds had began to weep, fat tears fell from the sky onto my skin.

"See, it's raining." He wore a smug look on his face.

"It's barely raining."

"Just wait."

I continued to walk, picking up my pace. I don't know why I didn't just bolt away from there. I could've been home in no time, yet I chose to walk through the droplets.

"Rain's starting to pick up," Kennedy said and I clenched my jaw. What are you waiting for, Dmitry? Go! Why stay? The rain was reaching a heaviness that made it hard to keep my eyes open and my clothes were beginning to dampen. In a few moments, it was bucketing and even if I ran, I'd still get drenched.