Chapter Six {K}

Kennedy

Dmitry fucking Petrov drives me crazy!

After our little blow-up in the cafeteria, the whole school's eyes were on me. I was humiliated. I watched, my mouth agape, as he stormed out of the room, leaving me there. Could he not have just played along? Everyone probably thinks I'm a dick. He's ruining everything.

It felt as though an intense pressure was building up inside of me and I was a hair's breadth away from exploding. So I ran out of the cafeteria. I don't know where my feet were taking me but I kept running until I wound up in the boy's locker room.

I slammed the door behind me and screamed. Tears streamed down my cheeks like mini waterfalls and my chest heaved with sobs. I collapsed forward, a row of lockers caught me. Without thinking, I punched a locker, as hard as I could. Blood slipped down my now cut up knuckles, but I didn't give a shit. I just sobbed because it feels like the only thing I can do.

The door suddenly opened and I bit my lip, trying to suppress my cries. I could smell him. Romeo.

"Kennedy? What's going on? What is your obsession with this vampire? Yesterday you bailed on us and got into trouble because of him. Just leave him alone man," Romeo ranted and I bit my lip harder. I taste blood.

"Kennedy? Turn around and look at me! What's going on? Why can't you just leave him alone?" It's then that I exploded.

"Because I just can't!" I screamed while turning around. I saw his facial expression soften when he saw the wetness on my face.

"I just can't, Romey," I whispered weakly then shut my eyes as more tears leaked out.

"Why, Kenny? Why? Make me understand! You've always hated vamps, just like me and your dad and any other werewolf. He clearly pisses you off yet you can't just leave it. And I see you looking at him in class. I know you're not listening to me because you're always zoning out while staring at him. Jesus, Ken you've known him for all of what, three days? What is drawing you to him-"

"He's my mate!" It came out louder and more intense than I wanted it to. The room went dead-silent and Romeo's face contorted into utter disbelief.

"W-What?"

"He's my mate, Rome," I whispered and then the dam wall broke. My knees caved in and I sunk to the floor. I cried, harder than I have for a while. It hurts so bad.

I caught a glimpse of Romeo who was now frowning. He cautiously moved closer and slowly descended to a sitting position in front of me.

"Kenny, I...I don't understand. I thought you were straight..."

"Me too! I am straight! I always dreamed of having a female mate who I'd run a pack with and start a family with! Not a boy! I-I've never looked at a guy like that before!"

"A-And he's a vamp...Being a guy is one thing, but a vampire? Kenny, that's not good."

"I know, Rome, I know! I don't understand why this is happening to me! Two years I've waited, two years I've been dreaming of finding her not him! And he's what I get. What the fuck? It's not fair! Why is this happening to me? Why me?" At this point I was full on panicking. Romeo pulled me closer for a hug and I weeped into his neck.

"I don't know what to say, Kenny." He sounded so defeated. We pulled away and I wiped my face furiously.

"What do I do?" I whimpered and he frowned in thought.

"I too dreamed of my mate, and when I found her it felt like my life was complete. I couldn't even begin to think about rejecting her because I knew it would be too painful. So, it's almost impossible to just forget about him and ignore the fact that he's your mate. Not having your mate will cause you a lot of pain." I nodded solemnly.