Chapter Twenty Six {K}

Kennedy

Everything seems to be falling into place. The missing puzzle pieces have been found and slotted into their respective spots, contributing to the completion of the bigger picture. One puzzle piece is Demi who at one point I wanted nothing to do with, but now has kissed me because we have mutual feelings towards one another. Another piece found is the fact that we're going on a date and allowing ourselves to explore these feelings. The biggest piece is the fact that myself and my mate are growing closer as the days go by and my dream of having a healthy relationship with my mate is coming to fruition.

However...There's one very crucial and significant piece missing: the one where Demi knows he's my mate and he's super cool with it, in fact he's really excited. Except he's not excited because he doesn't know. I got so close to telling him, I was a mere hair's breadth away from confessing to him when Jude stole his necklace and he went on about how we shouldn't pursue anything if I have a mate out there. I'm fucking stupid and I'll rue not telling him there and then.

Why didn't I tell him?

Instead I promised that all will be okay and I'll be damned if I break that promise.

...

My fingers danced along my phone screen as I scrolled through my weekly To Do in my notes while I stood at my locker. I skimmed over the words, adding green check mark emojis to signify that I've completed a task when necessary. My eyes landed on one particular task and I found myself cringing at those five words ; get blood for our date. I suddenly felt the urge to create a very deep, head-shaped dent in my locker.

"Where the fuck am going to get blood?" I whispered under my breath.

"Kennedy?" I jumped slightly at the sudden sound of my name being uttered by a voice that was not yet too familiar to me. I held my hand to my chest on instinct then sighed.

"Blaine. You startled me."

"Sorry," he said and I waved him off.

"It's fine. What is it?"

"I need your help." My left eyebrow quirked at that.

"My help? With what?" I wasn't being overly interrogative or judgmental, just curious. Something between Blaine and I changed after the Halloween party.

"Fallon asked me on a date, it's my very first date," he stated, his tone giving away his anxiety.

"Okay, well if you're wanting advice, I'm the wrong person to go to. In fact Demi and I are having a date this weekend and it's my first one too." He seemed surprised by that.

"No, I don't need advice, I need you to teach me something..." His eyes found the floor and he awkwardly folded his arms.

"Teach you something? Like how not to act like an awkward dickhead?" I teased with a chuckle and he scowled at me.

"Blaine, I can't read your mind. What's up? When's the date? Are you guys official yet?"

"Jesus, what's with all the questions? No, we're not official. We've decided to go out on a few dates first. The date's next Tuesday night."

"Tuesday? That seems like a odd day to have a date-"

"Well this activity that he wants to do is only open on Tuesday because they've been closed for maintenance," he said and I nodded.

"So what do you need help with?" Blaine sighed then shut his blue orbs for a second before opening them again.

"Fallon wants to take me ice skating at the outdoor rink."