Chapter Thirty Two {K}

Kennedy

I couldn't find Dmitry anywhere.

Yesterday we'd agreed that we'd meet in the parking lot before school so that we could walk in together. But he wasn't there. In fact, he wasn't anywhere.

Initially I thought that maybe something had come up at home and that he'd be late for class, bound to show up at any second. But it reached lunchtime, and he still wasn't anywhere to be seen. And I was beginning to feel very fucking worried.

Naturally I texted him, a superfluous amount of times, but to no avail. He wasn't responding, because the messages weren't even going through to him in the first place. Something was wrong.

"Vincent! There you are! I've been looking for you," I said as he opened his locker.

"Kennedy, are you here to discuss the audition? It's on Monday-"

"Yeah, I know about the date and time and everything. Look, I'm worried about Dmitry. He's not here and my texts aren't delivering. Did you see him last night or this morning? Is something wrong?" I was fussing, but this is my boyfriend we're talking about. Vincent sighed then looked around before making eye contact with me.

"I don't know who they are, but there were these black SUVs pulled up outside the house yesterday. I asked my dad about it and he said that these vamps know the Petrovs, I don't know how or anything. I got a little nosy, so I got close to the house to eavesdrop."

"What did you hear?" I frowned and he shrugged in defeat.

"Russian. I didn't understand a word. But there was a lot of yelling. Whoever they are, it caused a great deal of distress for their family. I saw them drive off and no one seemed to be hurt. But I don't know, must be some unfinished business from their life back in Russia. Dmitry's probably just upset and didn't have the energy to come to school."

"Shit. I know he had a troubled past so I wonder who showed up. It must be serious if they've come all the way from Russia," I said then lightly punched a random locker.

"Yeah, but I'm sure it's nothing they can't handle..." Vincent suddenly trailed off then sniffed the air.

"Why do you smell like blood?"

"What? You want a taste, vampy?" I teased and he scowled before looking down at my torso.

"Oh my god!" I frowned at him.

"What?"

"Dude, you're bleeding." My eyes widened as I looked down. A patch of blood had developed on my grey crew neck.

"Fuck."

"Kennedy, are you okay? I'm pretty sure werewolves aren't supposed to have bleeding injuries."

"Not unless it was inflicted with Wolfsbane," I said then hurried off in the direction of the bathrooms. My left hand cupped my injury, hopefully blocking the growing red patch from prying eyes.

Thank the Lord the boy's room was empty when I burst through the door. I lifted my crew neck to inspect my wound. The cut had re-opened throughout the day, probably due to my manic searching for Demi as I practically ran around the school. Last night I'd taken the bandages off because I no longer saw them as necessary. Now it's come back to bite me in the ass.

I rummaged through my backpack and almost shrieked in excitement when I found a square band-aid. It wasn't an ideal situation, putting a band-aid on a fucking stab wound, but it'd have to do for the time being. Fortunately, it covered the gash and I winced as I pressed down on it firmly. Earlier on my wild goose chase search for Demi, fear and adrenaline pumped through my veins, allowing me to be brisk in my step. That'd long worn off and the pain was now horrendous.