Party of 5

(Blaise and Millicent go for their first "baby healer" appointment after finding out that Millicent is pregnant.)

***

BLAISE POV

"Oh my Godric, I am so excited." my knees bounced nervously as Millicent and I waited for the Healer to come in.

"I know. Me too." Millicent smiled, nervously touching her stomach, "Rose said that everything is a breeze the first go around. It's when you start getting bigger around that things get trickier." 

"You haven't got a thing to worry about, dear. I am ready to be your pregnancy butler. I will fetch ice cream. I will help you put your shoes on when you get too plump. I will build furniture the muggle way to make sure everything is extra safe. I was born for this, Mills. I am ready. Call me fucking super dad, because that's going to be me from now on." 

I felt like I could bounce off of the walls or something. 

Maybe that second coffee this morning wasn't such a good idea. 

Millicent smiled and nodded, like she was considering dropping me off by the Psych wing on her way out. 

The door opened, and I nearly jumped out of my skin, both from actually being scared by the sudden opening of the door, and from excitement. 

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Zabini," the healer walked in, a clipboard floating into her hand and red rimmed glasses sitting on her nose, "How are we doing today?" 

"Fan-tastic." I answered immediately, nodding my head. 

"Well someone is excited." the healer chuckled, her quill signing off on something on her clipboard. 

"You could say that again." Millicent chuckled, looking excited but equal parts nervous as well. 

Do I hold her hand? Does that baby-showing spell hurt? Do I sit here and just give her a thumbs up? 

Damn I should have researched more before I came here. 

Mental note: Ask Draco for those baby info books

"So, how far along do you think you are? Approximately?" the healer asked Millicent. 

"Probably...almost two months now? I think it will be eight weeks tomorrow, actually." Millicent answered with a small nod. 

She was actually 8 weeks in two days, but who was counting. 

"Only eight weeks, hm?" the healer looked a bit puzzled, gently touching along Millicent's stomach, "Showing quite a bit for 8-weeks." 

Was this woman body shaming my pregnant, sexy, gorgeous, stunner of a wife right now or was the caffeine making me hallucinate? 

"Is there any history of multiples in either one of your families?" she asked, looking from Millicent to me and back again. 

"No--" I started to answer. 

"Yes." Millicent cut me off, "My maternal grandmother was a twin, and paternal great grandfather was a triplet." 

"Did you just say triplet?" I blinked rapidly, swallowing hard. 

The healer just nodded her head and pulled her wand from her pocket. 

"Some women just show differently than others at different times, so it could very well just be that, but let's take a quick look and find out, why don't we?" she nodded to me and then Millicent before cast the spell. 

I'm pretty well acquainted with Millicent's body. I think I would know if there was more than one baby in there. I mean...she was probably just showing earlier because she was...shorter or something. 

That makes sense...doesn't it? 

Yeah...yeah. Total sense. 

An orb of glowing light appeared above my wife's abdomen, and I felt like I was suddenly become hypnotized. 

This was fucking cool. 

"Well it appears that the multiples gene is alive and well in you, my dear." the healer said in a sing songy voice. 

I snapped out of my hypnotization as soon as that lady's words hit my ears. 

"Uh--bu--p-pardon?" I asked, stuttered against the lump that was now back in my throat. 

Millicent's face looked delighted as she looked at the glowing light the reflected in the tears in her eyes. 

"Well I hope you two are prepared to become a part of 5 soon..." the healer smiled wide, before looking over at me with what I think was supposed to be encouragement, "Triplets!" 

"Tru--truh--trip...triplets?" I stuttered some more, suddenly feeling a bit lightheaded. 

"Yep...I'm picking up three strong heartbeats in there." the healer examined a bit closer, "Congratulations." 

Was everyone talking in slow motion, or was it just me? 

"Thanks..." I wheezed, before slumping back into my chair like a rag doll. 

Maybe fainting was my body's way of giving me a head start on all of the sleep I was going to be missing out on, considering I was now going to be bloody super dad to three. Blaise. Jrs. 

Zabini, Party of 5...

Holy fucking shit...