Lottie

(POST-WAR; Rose gets an unexpected visit from someone she hasn't seen in nearly a decade; Rose is pregnant with Theo here; Leo is about to turn 11, Nora just turned 7; DILF Draco, MILF Rose--as per usual)

***

ROSE POV

I was running a brush through my freshly washed hair when a swift kick to the ribcage halted my movements. I leaned my brush welding hand against the counter and used the other to cradle my ever-growing baby bump while I caught my breath.

Baby boy #2 was definitely the most active in utero, which is saying a lot, because I was convinced no baby could kick more than Nora did in the womb. But boy was I wrong.

He wasn't due for another 3 months, so it looks like I was going to have to learn how to handle his karate kicks until May.

"Well, good morning to you too." I chuckled with a shake of my head, rubbing my stomach and pushing gently down on where I knew baby boy's butt was. "Easy on the ribs today, please."

I finished my post-shower routine, humming along to the music I had playing as I did my skin care, moisturized every inch of my body, put my products in my hair, and got dressed for the day.

Draco should be back any minute now with Leo and Nora. They had spent the night with Grandma Cissy last night, like they do once every month. Leo only had a few more before he went off to Hogwarts, and the thought of that made me want to burst into tears. How was he nearly 11? He was just a little baby last week, I swear.

I went into the kitchen, gently singing and swaying to the music as I started to brew some decaf mint tea. Baby boy Malfoy seemed to like the singing and the dancing, so I did it often. He always calmed the kicking when he heard our voices. Even Leo and Nora's when they spoke to him. They saw Draco do it, so they insisted they talk to him every night as well. They wanted to be well acquainted by the time he was finally born. It was probably my favorite part of the day.

I was stirring my tea when the soft chime of our doorbell sounded over the music, causing me to perk up in curiosity.

Who was ringing the doorbell at 9 in the morning?

It wouldn't be Draco and the kids, as Leo and Nora tended to burst through the door in their race to see who could get in the house first from the apparition point, with Draco following behind with his typical smile of adoration as he watched them.

And our friends and family were comfortable enough to just barge in most of the time. Some knocked, but only while simultaneously opening the door as they did so. Since "Cottage de Malfoy" was out in the middle of nowhere, and only certain people knew the location, the doors were only locked at night. The doorbell really only rang when we had a delivery.

Immediately I grabbed my wand, concealing it up my sleeve but keeping it where I could use it instantly if needed. Just in case. It was an instinct I don't think I would ever shake. I would always approach uncertain circumstances as life or death situations. It's how I was raised. My guards flew up at the speed of light, even if I knew the most dangerous thing in the room was me.

I didn't see a shadow as I approached the front door, but I heard muffled whispers that I immediately recognized. My shoulders relaxed, and I let out my tense breath with a smile of relief as I opened the door.

"Mippy. Topsy." I smiled at the small elves on my doorstep. "Is everything alright? I didn't know you were coming over–wait. I didn't forget something, did I? My pregnancy brain has been terrible this trimester." I started flicking through the schedule in my brain, trying to recall plans that I might have stupidly forgotten.