A Zabini Dinner Party

(Post-war; everyone heads to the Zabini's house for a dinner party with their friends  one Saturday evening; Blaise has new gadget and a charm up his sleeve to make things a little more interesting; this is in present times; everyone is 40-41 years old)

***

NARRATOR POV

Everyone was a bit concerned that it was Blaise that extended the invitation to dinner at his home on a random Saturday in November. Maybe it wasn't concern, but rather confusion. Of all people to host a dinner party, Blaise I-hate-washing-dishes-with-a-passion Zabini? Inviting a small army over to his home and offering to cook for everyone? 

Something had to be up. They all knew him better than that. 

And they were correct. 

Blaise being Blaise, he got bored at work one slow Wednesday afternoon, and decided to take a look at the back ads of the newspaper that he never payed any attention to. On this particular Wednesday, something caught this eye. 

Right in the top right corner with bright red ink, exclamation points, and eye-catching graphics, was an ad that made Blaise Zabini perk up immediately, and a mischievous smile spread across his face. 

He loved a bit of fun, especially when it came to his friends, and especially when it came to getting a laugh of his own in as well. 

On this lunch break, he skipped his merry way on down to the shop labeled in the ad, and happily slapped down the handful of galleons he owed to the shop owner. It was that night that he wrote up the invitations to his dinner party, keeping Millicent wondering his reasoning as well. 

Merlin only knows what he has up his sleeve.

------------------

The morning of the impromptu dinner party, there was a knock at the door. Millicent went to go grab it, but Blaise whooshed by her at the speed of light, reaching the door knob before her. 

"A juke box?" Millicent asked, her hands on her hips as Blaise polished the neon colored plastic with his sleeve, "Blaise...Blaise. Hello?" 

"What? Oh--it's a juke box." Blaise finally looked away for a moment to reply to a rather confused Millicent. 

"I can see that, dear." she sighed, "My question is why the hell is it here?" 

"I bought it." Blaise replied. 

"No shit," Millicent frowned, "Why did you buy it?" 

Blaise walked backwards to stand side by side next to Millicent to get a better view of the giant contraption that now sat in the corner of their living room.

"Saw an ad for it in the paper." Blaise admired the music machine, "It's brilliant, Mills. Look, it's powered completely by magic, obviously, and its engrained with a charm so that whenever a new person enters the room, a song will start playing to describe whatever criteria I set it to." 

 Blaise pulled her forward excitedly, "The settings are a song that describes what they're thinking, describes their personality, their favorite song, how they are feeling in the moment, and what they were doing prior to entering the room. And the name of the person whose song is playing will appear right here at the bottom. And it has every song you can think of. Its bloody hilarious."