Quidditch World Cup

(POST-WAR; Leo is 5, Nora is almost 2; everyone is very excited for the Quidditch World Cup final, especially little Leo; cute and fluffy)

***

ROSE POV

"Got your omnioculars?" Draco asked our son, not being able to stop himself from smiling as he saw the thrill written all across Leo's face.

Leo nodded, nearly skipping as we walked to the port key. He was decked out head to toe in black and white Magpies gear, much to his Aunt Ginny's dismay. The Hollyhead Harpies, the team that Ginny plays for, had barely missed out on the World Cup Final after a few back calls in their semi-final game against the Ballycastle Bats, the other team in the Finals tonight.

Leo loved the Harpies, and his aunt, but the Magpies were his second favorite. As long as he wasn't cheering for the Bats, Ginny didn't seem to care. All she wanted to see was Ballycastle getting their asses kicked.

Leo, Teddy, Minnie, and Leah were some of the biggest quidditch fans I'd seen. Their entire lives so far, they've grown up watching their parents play silly little scrimmages at Friday dinners at the Burrow and Ginny play more professional games that I can count. We've never missed one.

I'm pretty sure Leo's first conscious memory was the time we were at the Burrow one day for dinner when I was pregnant with Nora, and as he was sitting next to me on a blanket in the grass, watching all of the action with those of us that are strictly spectators, and the snitch all but appeared right in front of his face. He didn't even hesitate before he grabbed it with more ease than I had ever seen Harry or Draco catch it with. Draco declared it a win for his team, due to the fact that "he made half of Leo, and Leo caught the snitch, therefore Draco caught the snitch." That was a lovely dinner discussion.

Leo was five now, but his young age didn't deter his passion. Not in the slightest. His intensity is something I'm convinced he inherited from his father, and he swears Leo inherited it from me, and everyone else swears he inherited it from the both of us. Either way, seeing our son get so excited about tonight's final brought a smile to both of our faces that never seemed to waiver.

Draco and I both wore Magpie's scarves that matched Leo's as our bit of team pride, and even that I'm sure will get us a couple of sour frowns from the ancient witches and wizards that we were going to encounter tonight whilst in the Minister's box.

Could we have just bought regular tickets so that we could be surrounded by other Magpie's fans? Of course. We could've bought out the entire stadium if we wanted to, but the best seats in the house were those in the Minister's box, and Draco and I wanted Leo to have the best view possible, along with Teddy, Minnie, Leah, and the others that were joining us. The whole crew was going to be in attendance tonight, and I hope the prissy prats that only treated this event as a social one kept to themselves.

Considering these games tend to go on for an unknown amount of time, and due to the fact that Nora is not even two yet and the noise would be too much for her ears, Molly gladly offered to stay back with Nora and Cedric, Harry and Ginny's son.

"There they are!" Leo exclaimed, excitedly pointing to the clearing where everyone in our party gathered. He ran over, nearly tripping over his own feet as he and the other kids grouped up immediately, talking a thousand miles a minute.

All of the adults were dressed similarly, in sleek black suits and black dresses, but with a bit of Magpie's gear to show some sort of spirit. Even Ginny, who didn't look too happy about it, but she'll get over it.

"Remember the last time we all went to the World Cup Final?" Blaise asked, shaking his head as if he were reminiscing while sliding his hands into his pockets.

"Really, Zabini?" Draco raised his eyebrows at Blaise, giving him a pointed look.

Blaise's expression went confused for a second as everyone gave him the same "really?" look. It took him a second before he realized.

"Oh—come on—I wasn't reminiscing about that part of it. It was just the last time Bulgaria was in the Final. It was a good time for us Bulgarian fans." Blaise crossed his arms and pursed his lips a little.

"You're the only Bulgaria fan here." Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, but back then, everyone was a Bulgaria fan." Blaise squinted his eyes at Harry with a "duh" tone to his voice.

"Yeah, but it wasn't because of their defense skills or their winning record." Ginny snorted, looking to the girls and I.

I smirked at her, shaking my head.

"It was because of that Bulgarian bon bon Victor Krum." Millicent faux-fawned and fanned herself.

"I think Victor was Hermione's first awakening. She drooled over him all year." Ginny joked, laughing harder once Hermione's glare shot over to her. Ron frowned in her direction as well, shaking his head at the antics of his little sister.

"Me? Rose is the one that went to the Yule Ball with him." Hermione crossed her arms and shot her eyes over to me, a smirk on her lips as she tried not to laugh.

"Thank you for that." I huffed a laugh as Draco's arm snaked around my waist. He pulled me into his side and I felt his chest shake with a small laugh as he kissed my temple lightly.

"Mum!" Leo exclaimed, making us all look in his direction, "You were a Bulgaria fan?" he asked as if he were offended.

"More like she was a 'let's make Malfoy mad' fan." Daphne chuckled, earning her a high five from Blaise in agreement.

I turned my attention back to my son, resisting the urge to pinch one of his cheeks because, damnit, Draco and I made some cute ones. "I used to be. But now I'm an Aunt Ginny fan...and a Magpies fan when the Harpies are unavailable."

Leo smiled, liking my answered, and making my heart flutter with how much he looked like Draco when he was young.

"Come on, mate. It's show time!" Draco stated, his eyes lighting up as Leo's did, "Remember what I told you about portkeys?" he asked as we all got ready to go.

"Close your eyes so you don't get dizzy?" Leo scrunched his nose as he tried to remember what we had told him about portkey travel, and how not to bust your ass on the landing.

"Well, yes. That, and..." Draco squatted down to Leo's level, helping him button up his coat and secure his hat on his head as he waited to see if Leo could remember.

Leo thought for a few more seconds, his face screwed up as he racked his brain for the answer. His face lit up when he remembered, "Don't let go of mummy and daddy's hands or you'll fall on your bum like uncle Blaise."

"That was one time!" Blaise chimed in, having heard our discussion.

"It was three times, and you know it." Draco called over his shoulder, fixing the last of Leo's buttons with a handsome grin on his face, "Ready?" he asked Leo, meeting his eyes. An identical smile spread across both of their faces, and Leo nodded excitedly.

Draco grabbed his hand and stood back up before asking me the same question.

"You ready, darling?"

Swoon.

I nodded, and quickly kissed my cheek before Leo's little hand found mine. His fingers intertwined with mine, squeezing tightly with excitement as he tried to lift his feet off the ground to hang between Draco and I like a swing.

We all interlocked hands around the circle as Harry stepped up to the portkey, looking around before he asked, "Ready?"

Everyone nodded, and I could have sworn I heard Leo squeal just before we were all off, traveling through the air, making sure to keep our eyes closed so we didn't get dizzy.