His Favorite Flower

(Pre, During, and Post-war; Pansy's POV over the years seeing the way that Draco looks at Rose)

***

PANSY POV

4th Year

The first time I noticed the way he looked at her was 4th year. The Yule Ball. As I walked down the stairs in front of her, I noticed that it was not me his eyes were marveling over. 

It was Rose. 

I didn't blame him. She was gorgeous. Her gown complimented her in every way. She was a sight to behold. Everyone was watching as she made her way down the stairs. 

But there was something different about the way Draco was looking at her. He wasn't just simply looking. He was watching. 

Admiring. Thinking. Studying. 

And whatever he was thinking, it was bringing a smile to his face, a rare occurrence. 

When I turned, I found her looking at him as well, with a twinkle in her eyes that I had never seen before. Like she was thinking the same thing he was. Like she found him just as beautiful as he did her.

I found his eyes glancing her way the entire night. Like he was checking on her. Like he was allowing himself only quick glances to satisfy his intense need to admire her some more. Like it pained him to go five minutes with out taking in the beauty and confidence that exuded from her. 

I didn't hate her for it. Hell, I envied her. I would give anything for Draco to look at me the way he looked at her. Maybe if I smiled brighter. If I did my makeup like her. If I did my hair like her. If I wore the perfume she wore. 

Maybe that would do it. 

----------

5th Year

He started calling her Rosie girl. A nickname that sounded even more flirty and taunting when it came out of his mouth. 

She rolled her eyes every time he said it, before slinging some smart comment back at him. 

It was always back and forth banter between the two of them. Banter that one of them would start, knowing the other would fire back and carry on the bickering. 

No matter what though, they always parted with a shared smirk on their face, and that same eye roll they both were so good at. 

Over the summer, Draco and I had grown closer. If you can call it that. We had kissed a few times, and my word, the butterflies in my stomach were wild. I was expecting him to be more touchy , huggy, kissy with me once we returned back to school, but he was nothing even close to the sort. 

He acted as if we hadn't done anything at all. I got over it though. Draco was like that sometimes. He was moody. He was hot and cold. He acted like this all the time. 

The only time I ever saw him without a scowl on his face was when she walked into a room. Suddenly he was all for trying to push her buttons as best as he could, but she would push right back. 

They knew how to get under each other's skin like no other. I thought it was just flirty banter. Taunting and teasing that came along with being childhood friends.