My Whole World

(Post-War; Draco comes home late from work after a long day and is greeted with a sight that he loves with his whole heart; Rose is pregnant with baby Theo here)

***

DRACO POV

Interrogations ran incredibly long today, as the suspects were incredibly tight lipped. What should have been an hour or two of questioning turned into nearly 8 bloody hours of the bastards refusing to speak, and us having to get a court order to administer Veritaserum to get them to speak. 

I was exhausted, mentally and physically. I sent Rose a patronus letting her know that I was tied up at work with some stubborn pricks involved in an underground artifacts trade we busted last week, and not to expect me home until late. 

It was nearly midnight when I walked through the front door. Rose left the lights on for me, and a plate of dinner with a warming charm on it on the kitchen island. 

God, I love her. 

I didn't even take my coat off before I was devouring the deliciousness on the plate in front of me. We had skipped lunch to continue questioning, and the hunger made the refusal to speak even more agonizing to sit through. 

Within minutes my plate was licked clean, and I was exhausted as the food settled in my stomach. I walked around the house, blowing out the candles Rose left lit for me, and making sure all the doors were locked, making sure to keep quiet as to not wake anyone up. 

When I walked into our bedroom, I was met with a sight that made all of the work and exhaustion worth it. It was an image I would never get tired of seeing. 

In our bed slept Rose, Leo, and Nora, all cuddled up together under the covers. Rose was in the middle, with her arms around both kids as they laid their heads on her chest. Their small arms were wrapped around her, cuddling up close as they slept peacefully. 

All of the stress from the day melted away, being quickly replaced with an overwhelming amount of love for those I saw in front of me. 

My family. My own absolutely perfect family. 

I wouldn't trade them for the world, because that already what they were to me. 

The world. 

I carefully kissed Rose on the cheek, before scooping up Leo and moving him to the middle of the bed so there would be no risk of him falling off through out the night. Usually Rose or I would carry the kids back to their own beds, but after the day I've had, I decided that we would all be cuddling up tonight. 

I turned off the lamp that was on in the corner, changed, and brushed my teeth before slipping into bed with my family, holding them close, and thanking the stars for giving them to me to love for the rest of my life.