Rainy Mornings

(POST-WAR; cute & fluffy Malfoy family moment; Nora is 4 months old, Leo is 4)

***

DRACO POV

My eyes cracked open, and immediately I was greeted with a heavy downpour of rain hitting the large window on the farside of Rose and I's room. A smile spread across my lips.

Somewhere perpetually rainy.

It was our favorite kind of day.

I looked at the clock to see that is was 8:30, which is sleeping in, for me. I didn't have to roll over to know that Rose was already up and out of bed, letting me sleep a little longer.

Godric, I love her.

"Mummy! Look at the rain!" I heard exclaimed from the kitchen downstairs, and my chest grew warm as I pulled myself out of bed immediately, threw on pajama pants and a jumper, and followed the smell of food and sounds of my wife and children.

Music lingers through the halls, growing louder as I grew closer to the source. I could hear Rose singing along to the lyrics, her airy voice making me feel like we were teenagers again, and I was sneaking around to hear her in the mornings when we sang in the parlor room at the Manor, falling in love with her from afar.

Along with his mother's singing, I heard Leo's little voice babbling along with the lyrics, making up his own when he wasn't 100% sure of what the words were. He couldn't exactly pronounce all of his words correctly yet either, so hearing him speak was about the most adorable shit I had ever seen in my life.

I was a father of two now. The word adorable was basically a staple on my vocabulary. But only around my wife and my kids. Blaise would never let me hear the end of it if he heard me describe something the way I describe the perfection that is Rose and I's children.

"Come here, darling. Would you like a dance lesson?" I heard Rose ask, her voice soft and warm, "I'll show you how to dance like mummy and daddy."

I turned the corner, leaning against the wall as I took in the scene in front of me. Rose wore a black silk pajama set with short and a long-sleeved shirt, with pink slippers on that Leo insisted she have for Mother's Day. She had a dark green wrap around her torso that held Nora, who was already four months old, to her chest. Leo, who was nearly four, was wearing pajamas with golden snitches all over them, and his white blonde hair was all sorts of wild from his pillow.

Rose held both of Leo's hands as he stood on her feet, and they stepped around the large kitchen, dancing as if it were a ballroom. Leo laughed and tried to continue to sing the words with Rose, but he was too wrapped up in the fun he was having to keep up. Nora just looked around wildly, the binky in her mouth moving rapidly as she remained unbothered by the dancing and music. I think she was enjoying it too.

I smiled, rubbing a hand across my face to hide it as I continued to look on, committing everything about this moment to memory.

Rose's voice. Her smile. Her laughter. The way she loved our children.

Leo's little voice trying to mimic his mother. His wild hair that was just like mine, and his eyes that were just like his mothers. The way that he stared up at Rose like she had just hung the moon for him.

Nora, eyes wide and like mine, content and calm as she laid her head against Rose's chest.

How did I ever become worthy of something so perfect? So pure, so adorable, so good?

So mine.