Secrets from the Morning After

(Pre-war; after the party in the Room of Requirement in the beginning of TWAHS; the shower incident from a different pov)

***

MILLICENT POV

"I don't think they saw anything." Blaise yawned, blindly reaching for his shirt on the floor, "They were all too drunk or absorbed in themselves to see us leave. They would have come looking for us by now." 

That did calm a bit of my anxieties. If the girls had seen Blaise and I leave the party together last night, I have a feeling the first place they would have checked would have been the top of Slytherin tower. 

Pansy was probably snoring next to Draco, Rose was surely off with Theo, and Merlin knows where Daphne found herself last night. 

We were getting better and better at this whole sneaking around thing, surprisingly. Not that we had to--sneak around that it. It just felt good at the moment. To have something that only the two of us knew about. To not have to hear the scrutiny from our friends. It was nice to have a secret worth keeping. 

Blaise yanked me back down to where he laid on the couch, wrapping his arms around me tightly, "Just skip breakfast with me." 

"They'll know something is up." I sighed, allowing myself to relax into him, "Besides, I've got to hear about all of the drama I missed last night." 

"You think there was drama last night?" Blaise's mouth twitched up into a smile, even in his hungover state. 

"Is there ever not drama with our friend group?" I questioned, sitting my chin on his chest to look up at him, "I saw Rose and Draco sharing some words, so I'm sure there will be a ton bunch of unresolved sexual tension for us to choke on." 

"Just what I need this morning. Orange juice and those two butting heads." Blaise ran a hand down his face, "I'll be late to breakfast. I need to scrounge up a hangover elixir from my room. What should I come up with so they don't question where I was last night?" 

I tapped a finger to my chin in mock-thought before I rolled off of him, looking for my shirt on the floor, "A hufflepuff girl maybe?" 

Blaise frowned with a shake of his head, "They wouldn't believe that." 

I pulled my shirt on over my head and began looking for my wand, "Well you could say it was a Slytherin. That wouldn't technically be a lie--" 

"But they wouldn't stop until I told them her name." Blaise finished my thought. 

"Ravenclaw?" I proposed, "Really the only option left, because Gryffindor is even more unbelievable than Hufflepuff." 

Blaise nodded, "Correct you are. But, what if they ask for a name?" 

I shrugged casually, "Make one up? Or pretend you forgot?" 

Blaise put a hand to his chest, as if he were offended, "Do you think I would be so shallow as to forget the name of the person I was screwing?" 

I rolled my eyes with a grin and tossed his wand to him, "Of course not. Of course not." 

I leaned down to peck his lips once quickly, "I'll see you at breakfast." 

"See you, Millie." he smiled crookedly, laying his head back down on the pillow, looking as if he were about to say something else, but stopped before the words could form on his lips. 

I made my way out of the room quickly before I could overthink, and before the words on my own tongue could materialize. 

I slipped back into our dorm unnoticed, as Daphne was still snoring, and I heard the hum of the shower, meaning it was either Pansy or Rose in there. Hopefully they wouldn't have noticed my absence, or looking too far into it. 

I started pulling my uniform out of my drawers when I heard a feminine moan belonging to Pansy Parkinson, and I immediately mimicked a gag as I searched for my wand under my clothes to throw up a silencing charm, since the two idiots in the shower forgot. 

"Fuck--Rose..." 

Did my ears fucking deceive me?

That was definitely Malfoy's voice, and that was definitely NOT Rose in there, because Rose's made was still made, whereas Pansy's looked freshly laid in. 

Surely I just misheard. The shower and the walls muffled voices heavily. I probably just heard it wrong, because how embarrassing would it be if Malfoy had said the wrong name while he was fucking Pansy--

"Yes, Rosie, oh my god--" 

Merlin, Morgana, and Circe...

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor before I smacked a hand over my mouth, my eyes wider than the size of the bloody moon. 

That idiot just said the wrong name while he was fucking Pansy...TWICE. 

Oh this is rich! Rose is going to die when she hears about this. 

"Did you just...did you just say Rose?" I heard Pansy asked, her tone both hurt and accusatory. 

Blaise would die if he were here right now to witness this drama unfold. God, I couldn't wait to tell him. 

"No." Draco answered, sounding pissed off as usual. 

"Yes. Yes you did. You said Rose. Two times, I think." Pansy continued, and I heard the shower cut off. 

"No. I didn't." Draco fired back, "I don't know what you're talking about." 

That little liar. 

"Were you...thinking about her?" Pansy asked, sounding hurt but throughly confused. 

"I didn't say her name. I just--fuck this. Never mind." Draco grumbled, and I scrambled to get to my bed to make it appear as if I were sleeping and not eavesdropping like I was. I threw all of my clothes to the floor and slipped under the covers, resting my head on the pillow in enough time that Draco didn't notice as he pulled his shirt back over his head and slammed his door on the way out. 

I kept my eyes closed as Pansy exited the bathroom, grabbed her uniform, and walked back into the bathroom. The shower started up again, and I waited a few minutes before breaking my cover. 

I put on my uniform, impatiently waiting for Rose to return from wherever she was so I could tell her the details of the horribly embarrassing by shocking events that I had been there to witness. I didn't even let her step a foot out into the dorm before I dragged her back out into the hallway. 

She was grouchy and hungover, but that didn't deter my excitement.

"Draco said your name when he was with Pansy!" I blurted, watching as her face grew from agitated to filled with sinister awe, "Twice!"