The Wizarding World's It Couple

(Post-war; Rose has kept her second pregnancy a secret from the press and media for nearly 8 months now, but now has the perfect opportunity to announce her pregnancy to the world; wizard version of the MET gala, where the wizarding world's 'it' couple will make quite the grand entrance)

***

ROSE POV

Its been nice keeping this pregnancy quiet; out of the public eye and confined within our close family and friends. Draco and I were able to announce the pregnancy to our friends and family in a special way this time; one that didn't include evil dark wizards, cross-courtyard confessions, and a near death experience. It was wonderful. 

The constant cold and rain in England worked wonderfully to my advantage, due to the fact that wearing large coats would not be seen as odd or suspicious to the cameras that seemed to be following our every move since the end of the war like we were some sort of celebrities. One of these days, I had a feeling that someone in our small army of friends and family was going to snap and hex a camera man's nose upside down. 

I had been able to hide my growing bump for months without the cameras and nosy reporters catching on to any sort of hint. They had no clue, and that's exactly what I wanted. I wanted to announce this pregnancy when I was ready, at the perfect time, since I was able to do such a thing now. 

And this chilly November night was the night. 

Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Draco, and I had all been cordially invited to one of, if not the, most exclusive and high-society event in the wizarding world. 

The MAG Gala, an invitation only ball held to display the museum's newest exhibit, and to fundraise for the charity chosen by the museum's head council. But the gala was mostly known for its red carpet. The rich and famous walked along the carpet in the most elegant gowns and tuxes, as cameras snapped photos from all angles. 

It was a big deal to be invited to an event like this. A huge fucking deal. Meaning that there was no way in hell I was passing this up. 

And I can't help but think that Leo would greatly approve of my choice to announce my pregnancy this way. How much more grand can you get? 

At seven and a half months along, it was getting harder to disguise my bump under large jackets and coats, so in a way, this was also a relief. I could dress how ever I wanted after tonight because the whole world would know come morning. I was grateful for the 7 1/2 months of peace, but was giddy with excitement to make such a grand announcement to the world with my handsome wizard right by my side. I wished my little Leo was able to attend alongside us, but it was going to be a long night, and kids weren't permitted at the event. Tonight he was with Minnie and Leah as Silas and Celia's house, having a sleepover and watching Christmas movies, since December was only a few days away. 

"Wait, wait, wait--" I put a hand up as Pansy approached me with my dress, "Let me pee first. She's sitting on my bladder right now, and I doubt I'm going to be able to pee once I put that dress on." I pushed myself up from my chair, which took a moment but I got it, and hurried to the bathroom.

Pansy was so excited when I asked her months and months ago to style me for this event that she nearly fainted. That was also the moment that I told her I was pregnant with baby girl Malfoy, and that she would have to style a dress that would fit me at around 8 months. She didn't stand down though, which was new for Pansy, I liked it. She took on the challenge and created a dress that I absolutely loved. 

It was jet black and form fitting, adorned with lace and beading that glittered under the light. The back was completely open to allow for breathing room and just incase baby girl Malfoy decided to spontaneously grow in there at some point between our last fitting and now.