A Love Like Theirs

(Post-war; Leo Malfoy and Camille Kennedy are in their first year at Hogwarts; its Christmas holiday; Camille and Leo are both at Hogwarts over the break--but whereas Leo's entire extended family arrives at the castle to celebrate the holiday, its a different story for lonely little Camille Kennedy; Camille is Leo's love interest as established in an earlier one shot, but not at this point in time; warning: I cried multiple times whilst writing this)

***

CAMILLE POV

"Watch your step, darling." Draco Malfoy's voice was clear as he helped his wife out of the carriage, "I'll get your bags, don't worry about those."

I sat on one of the stoops that outlined the courtyard that the Malfoy's carriage just arrived in, closing the book I was reading and watching quietly as the infamous wizard helped his equally as infamous witch.

Draco Malfoy was just as devilishly handsome as he looked in the papers, and my Godric, Rose Malfoy was the sort of beautiful I thought was only reserved for fictional princesses and nature itself. The both of them together was nearly impossible to look away from.

Draco held out his hand for his wife, as she made her way out of the carriage, but the small side step must have been slippery, because for a split second, it appeared that she almost lost her footing.

Almost.

But Draco was there immediately, without any hesitation or pause, wrapping an arm around her waist and hugging her into him, before lowering her down to the ground as they both laughed, with genuine smiles that reached their eyes. They kissed once, twice, three times, quickly, before something inside the carriage caught their attention.

"1...2...3...catch me!" I heard a child's voice shout, before a little girl, probably around 7 or 8, launched out of the carriage and right into Draco's arms.

"You're lucky I was a Seeker, Nora." Draco gave the little girl, who I concluded was his daughter Nora, a pointed look that lasted all of two seconds before his face cracked into a smile.

Even though Nora's hair was a dark, dark brown like her mother's, I could see from here that she had her father's eyes. Draco kissed her cheek once before setting her down and fixing her hat down on her head.

"Good morning, sleepy." Rose cooed, and I looked over to see her now holding a baby against her chest, "Ready to see your brother and your uncle?"

The baby boy, who appeared to be around 6 months old, laid his head on his mom's shoulder, yawning big before cracking his eyes open and looking around curiously. He, also, looked like the perfect mix of his mother and father.

Seeing Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy up close like this--acting naturally without having to worry about prying reporters or photographers or crazy admirers—I was truly able to see just how similar Leo Malfoy was to his parents.

He had a smile like his father, but his mother's eyes. He had the white-blonde hair of his father, but his skin tone was more like his mother's. He laughed like his father, but his eyes lit up like his mother's.

I don't even know why I took note of these things of Leo Malfoy's. I don't even think the kid can stand me half the time. I don't even think I can stand him half the time.

But it appears that I've picked up on all of his small quirks and features throughout our first few months at Hogwarts as we've circled each other in the halls and on the pitch.