Little Distractions

(Post-war; Draco is trying to get some work done at home, Leo isn't having it; Leo is around 2 1/2 here)

***

DRACO POV

"The suspect was seen heading east towards the border...was spotted half an hour away from the recently discovered dragon trading market that was being run illegally in--" My out loud reading was cut off when a familiar white ferret stuffed animal was thrown up on the the table. 

I turned my head and was met with the wide eyes and pouty lips of my son, who was staring at me like he was waiting for an answer. 

"Yes, Leo?" I asked. 

"Play." he said simply, pointing over to the toys of his that he had brought into the living room from his room. 

He had been playing with them for nearly an hour as I sat at the kitchen table and read over reports, but now it appears that his toys weren't holding onto his interest. 

"Daddy is working right now, but as soon as I finish, I'll come over there, okay?" I smiled, rustling up his hair a bit and handing him back his ferret.

Rose was out helping Hermione and Celia get things for Minnie and Leah's upcoming birthday party, so it was just me and Leo for a few hours. 

I usually didn't work at home, but these reports came in late last night, and held leads that Blaise and I had been looking for almost two months now. 

Leo frowned and walked back over to the living room, where he proceeded to make his little actions figures talk to one another. It was actually quite cute to watch, but I needed to focus on what these papers in front of me said. 

"Bystanders say that the suspect is now going by the name Jarvis Kinderby, and has changed his hair coloring from red to black." I continued to read out loud, jotting down the important stuff. 

A few minutes past, and I felt a tug on my pant leg, before that same stuffed animal was thrown onto the table again. 

"Quiddish." he tugged at my pant leg a few more times. 

"I'll play quidditch with you as soon as I'm done, love. I promise." I handed him his ferret again and pinched his cheek before turning back to my reading. 

I heard he walk towards the living room, but he turned, and I heard the door to his room creak a bit. 

Probably going to find more toys to drag into the living room if I had to guess. 

"Suspect is known to be carrying with him two different breeds of dragon eggs, along with forbidden artifacts that have been missing since November of last year." I continued, eyes flicking up and down the page.

Another tug at my pant leg. 

I turned to see that Leo had, in fact, gone into his room to fetch the child-sized quidditch helmet that Aunt Dromeda had gotten for him. It was a bit small for him now, and pushed his cheeks together a bit, which was quite cute, I had to admit. 

"Quiddish." he repeated himself, looking quite serious about his quest to get me up from the table now. 

"Only a few more minutes, and then I will play quidditch with you until dinner, alright?" I proposed, but I had a feeling that wasn't good enough for him, considering the way he crossed his arms and stomped back to his room. 

That was all Rose. 

"Inside operations were given information that the suspect will be headed towards London in the following weeks for an underground trade and auction that has been identified by undercover operations." I read, making a mental note to inform Potter that he needed to make sure those undercover agents didn't include himself or Ronald, as their faces would be rather recognizable. 

Just as I finished scribbling down another note, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something coming in my direction. Without a blink of an eye, my hand flew up, and I caught the flying object. 

It was that damn baby sized bludger. 

It didn't take me long to find the culprit either, as he stood there with a guilty grin, peaking around the corner of the island. 

I looked at the ball in my hand, down at the work on the table, and my son, who was growing giddy as the time passed. 

Fuck it...work could wait. 

"Oh, you're gonna get it now..." I pointed at Leo with a smile on my face as I stood up from my chair. 

He squealed and shrieked a laugh, and started running in the opposite direction as I started to chase around after him.