Nora Malfoy and Her Defended Honor

(POST-WAR; With a last name like Malfoy, people are bound to treat Nora differently. Its in her 4th year that she is starting to see the negative ways in which people will treat her all because of her name. But Nora is growing into who she is, and is still finding her voice and confidence as a Malfoy witch. She tries to stand up for herself, but as soon as the tears of frustration start to flow, she retreats, no matter how badly she wants to show those that had wronged her that she is her mother's daughter. Fortunately for Nora, it appears that there is someone willing to defend her honor as she grows into the powerful and confident witch she knows she can be. But of all people...HE was the last person she suspected to defend her honor.)

***

NARRATOR POV

Nora walked quickly and with her head down, wiping away a tear with the sleeve of her Slytherin robes before it got the chance to slid down her cheek.

Cedric Potter was nearing a jog as he tried to keep up with her pace.

"Screw them, Nora. They're pricks. All of them." Cedric tried to reassure his best friend and house mate, "And slow down, for Merlin's sake. I'm starting to break a sweat."

"They're more than just pricks." Nora shot back, sniffing as she wipe another hot year off her face, "They are a whole slew of insults that my parents hardly even use. That's how bad they are."

Nora shook her head, feeling the weight of the ring on her finger that her parents gave her before she went off to Hogwarts three years ago. The one with a small sun engraved into it. A ring that with two taps would make the rings that both of her parents wore glow with a unique color that would let them know that it was Nora telling them she missed them.

It was moments like these that she missed her parents the most. That she missed being home. That she missed not having to deal with schoolwork and whispers about her family and stupid boys that made her feel something that she assumed was heartbreak.

She wished she was home.

"Want me to call them all those names?" Cedric offered, "I will if you want me to. I almost did, you know? Would have been worth the letter home to my mum and dad too."

Nora shook her head, taking a breath, "They aren't worth the detentions." She replied, trying to talk herself down as well.

Nora Malfoy always knew that her family was special. That her parents and her aunts and uncles were important. They were heroes. Everyone knew they Malfoys, the Potters, the Zabinis, the Weasleys, the Blacks, and the Greengrasses.

Nora's parents both were once death eaters that turned into vital members of the Order of the Phoenix. Everyone in the wizarding world knew who Cedric Potter and Nora Malfoy's parents were. And they were often treated differently because of it.

People wanted to be friends for all of the wrong reasons, people pried and people pretended to get information. People wanted a glimpse into their lives. The lives of the children that were born to the greatest war heroes the wizarding world had ever known.

But some kids saw the last names Malfoy and Potter as targets, and found joy in messing those anyone with those last names just to make themselves feel better about their own weird jealousy.

Nora should have known that the 5th Ravenclaw seeker was one of those people. Ben Whitlow, one of Ravenclaw's youngest seekers ever, and the school girl crush of many witches at Hogwarts. Arrogant and cocky, but his dimples made those traits easy to ignore.