Happy Birthday, Draco

(Post-war; It's Draco's 22nd birthday; Nora is 5 months old, Leo is 4 years old; Rose and the kids surprise Draco on the morning of his birthday.)

***

ROSE POV

"Leo, darling, you have to be quiet, okay? One second while I dress your sister." I whispered to Leo as I changed Nora's nappy, and dressed her in a darling little dress. Leo was up and ready to jump on Draco with the birthday hat he insisted that I put on his head. 

I think he was just excited because he knew that birthdays meant cake and staying up past his bed time, but still, seeing him giddy to surprise Draco warmed my heart. 

Nora babbled and tried to eat her hands, unaware of what the hell a birthday even is. She blinked her semi-tired eyes up at me and smiled with a giggle that made me melt. Her and Draco's eyes were nearly identical. She was a breathtaking baby. True perfection. 

I mean, of course she was. She's ours. 

I lifted Nora up and held her on my hip, straightening out her dress and bending down to pick up the toy hippogriff she dropped on the ground. 

Leo, still in his pajamas, stood look at me rubbing his eyes with one hand, and holding his stuffed ferret in the other. But nonetheless, his face lit up when I told him it was time to surprise the birthday boy. 

"Tip toe, Leo. Can you tip toe for me?" I showed him how to walk quietly, and he mimicked me immediately, holding on tightly to my hand. 

Nora babbled a bit louder than normal, and Leo put a finger to his lips with wide eyes. 

God, he's so much like his father. My word.

I carefully opened the door to our bedroom to see Draco still fast asleep, laying on his stomach with his hands under his pillow. His eyes didn't even flutter as we walked into the room, which wasn't really surprising, considering the night we had prior. 

We got a head start on the birthday festivities to say the least. 

And it was clear he throughly enjoyed himself. 

"Daddy's sleeping." Leo whispered, looking as giddy as ever. 

I smiled down at him and nodded, "Wanna wake him up?" I whispered back. 

He nodded his head excitedly. 

"Okay. I'll lift you up and you be careful when you jump on him, okay?" I whispered, waiting for his nod before I boosted him up onto the bed. The shift in the bed started to stir Draco awake, but what really woke him up was the flying toddler that leaped onto him like a frog did a lily pad. 

Instead of groaning and grumbling about being woken up early on his birthday, or fussing at Leo for jumping on him, Draco quickly turned around and captured Leo between his arms, pinching at his sides to tickle him, and send Leo into a fit of giggles. 

Nora thought this was quite hilarious, as her arms and legs started failing around, as her laughs filled the air. 

"Ah, come here, darling." Draco held his hands out, motioning for Nora, who was now reaching out in his direction. 

Draco planted kisses on both cheeks of Nora and Leo, making them both giggle hysterically. 

"Happy Birthday!" Leo put both of his hands on Draco's cheeks, you know, to make sure that Draco got the message that he was really enthusiastic about his dad turning 22, and the cake that he knew would be served later.