TWAHS Tidbits

Just some fun facts about TWAHS

***

#1: Occlusion and Love

You can't occlude away true love.

Rose and Draco tried for years to occlude away their feelings for one another, but every time they tried, their attraction for one another remained, and grew stronger as time went on.

So, they resulted to other methods of distracting themselves, which involved other people (Theo & Pansy), partying, and pretending that their attraction was something more like a rivalry.

This is further displayed immediately after the Katya situation when Rose is unable to occlude away the very strong emotions she is being confronted with for the first time. Because heartbreak and true love go hand in hand, and she had never loved someone the way she loved him. Draco was also unable to occlude away his dread, because it all stemmed from the fact that he thought he had hurt the person he loved the most.

This is also shown through Draco and Rose's shitty coping mechanisms after their first kiss. The both of them immediately try to occlude away their feelings, and grow frustrated when they seemingly can't stop thinking about the kiss they shared in Draco's dorm. This is why Rose immediately seeks out Theo, and Draco immediately seeks out Pansy. Because Rose and Draco think that their failure to occlude away these feelings is just because they are so focused on their kiss, when in reality, its because it was the first time their feelings of attraction and affection towards one another had manifested physically, only making their feelings of love stronger. 

#2: Leo's Arrival

When Leo arrives in Chapter 20, he says that his mother wanted him closer to home because of the impending war, so she had him transferred to Hogwarts from Durmstrang. 

That was a lie. Kind of. 

Leo did move from Durmstrang to Hogwarts because of the war, but it was Leo that told his mother he "wanted to be closer to home with all of the shit going on". He knew how to play into his mother's worry to get her to comply with his request to move schools. 

The reason he wanted to move schools was because he had already been in contact with members of The Order, and that was due to the fact that he knew Rose and Draco were rejecting their marks. He had done some sleuthing the summer before while at Malfoy Manor, and had seen both Rose and Draco's marks, and the scaring/scratching marks/red skin that indicated their rejection. He also knew, because of his older brother's involvement with Voldemort, that war was impending, and as Leo does, he figured out a way to listen in to his father and brother's conversations. Especially the ones where Victor Eros and Lucius Malfoy were present. This is when he heard of their plans to basically make Rose a death eater baby factory, and how the Dark Lord knew that most of the young members of his ranks were going to die. 

Leo confided in Celia, who then told him about how Silas was also rejecting, which was double the shock to Leo, because he didn't even know that his sister was talking to her ex again. 

It was through Silas that Leo got into contact with Arthur Weasley, who helped Leo in his transfer to Hogwarts, along with Dumbledore, after Leo described to them both the state that Rose and Draco were in. Arthur was hesitant, but it was Dumbledore that eased the concerns of The Order. He knew about Rose and Draco's rejection due to the information given to him via Snape. Dumbledore thought that Leo's alliance could be much like that of Snape's, since he had ties within the Order, and within Voldemort's ranks. Leo came to Hogwarts to work as a spy for The Order, and to save Rose and Draco, and whoever else he saw rejecting their marks.