Pieces-Darkness 24

04-17-2021

"So who did you meet first?," Natasha asked her mate who was sitting on the couch with Steve and Bruce on each side. Yomeja sighed deeply wishing that she had more time to actually prepare for this conversation.

"Well...I did meet Tony first but-," she paused massaging her temples.

"What aren't you telling us?," Thor asked trying to be patient.

"Well where I'm from we had a...policy," she began.

"The school?," Wanda asked as Yomeja nodded her head then froze.

"Wanda...I've never told you about the school," Yomeja sighed again realizing her mate had been in her head,"I knew all of my mates...before you were born, we all do, and we are given the choice to be stripped and with you or to serve our purpose without you."

"I'm sorry stripped?," Steve asked.

"Years ago gods and goddesses were assigned their roles but were subjected as weapons of war or isolation to serve the people, to be stripped your mind and powers are taken away forever," Thor explained.

"Exactly and I knew you guys would be hero's...but I could not choose to be stripped," she stated.

" So...you won't be with us because you may lose your powers and memories?," Peter asked.

"No...Makemba knew a god of time that showed me what would happen if I died before I could reach any of you...you are all scattered among time and with no immortality I would've died before Steve was born...before soul marks...you guys never fall in love...most of you die or struggle for happiness afterwards," Yomeja tried to fight back tears as she remembered seeing their alternate future,"and I could not let it happen but I also didn't want to live without meeting you so...we caused a war," Yomeja explained nibbling on her lip.

"Excuse me a war?," Vision asked taken a back.

"Well, with the trafficking of humans, famines, and uprising of predators we couldn't allow the adults to continue leading us astray so me, Makemba,her sister Mykiona, Adianna,and a few others rebelled and saved our people changed things,stopped the trades," she told them, "things happened and as I said I ran away...from my planet...killed my dad and wandered."

"Bull shit," Tony said,"you just wandered and happened to be dropped in our laps? "

"Well in all honesty how I came upon you is...not supposed to be told," Yomeja told them.

"Who told you not to?," Pietro asked as Bruce held up the manila envelope his mates purple eyes were wide as she tried to fly away. Yomeja grunted in pain her wings felt even more heavy as she landed with a hard thud,hitting her head on a side table,her migraine began to blur her vision.

"Yomeja!," her mates yelled as she tried sitting up they saw blue dripping from her forehead.

"Huh?," Yomeja asked confused taking in her surroundings which confused her mates since her hair was instantly fading into a dark blue and pink as her body seemed to shrink slightly. Yomeja stood quickly falling to her knees as she grunted in pain her eyes fell onto Tony full of fear.

"Yo...Yomeja?," Peter asked causing her to crawl away slowly as she then saw Stephen she pointed at him.

" Why is he here?," she asked as Tony approached her with his hands up to show her he was not a threat.

"Yomeja...baby I'm your mate," Stephen said confused, wondering if the mental stress caused her to have a panic attack, but she looked confused more than anxious.

"No you are not," she spat causing him to feel his soul mark burn with anger and rejection causing him to feel that old pain resurface that he thought they healed from.