Pieces-28 With Eyes To Hear and Mouths to Listen

4-12-2023

Yomeja had decided what she was going to do and made her moves to do so. It had been a week and they were home but Yomeja was not with her mates.

Instead she was with Libitina at Wade and Loki's apartment. It was not the most ideal situation but with Hydra's attack and now with Annalise involved Yomeja realized that the blind spots in the love was a liability. They could not let her be private and ready on her own terms,even if in the beginning things were going great,the attack and her lack of defense was something they were partially accountable for.

Tony,Steve,Natasha,Bruce, Pietro,Stephen, were open about their disagreement to it,but did not step up.

Clint,Peter,Vision and Thor also disagreed with what occurred but states it's necessary for me to tell them everything so that we could know what things to be prepared for and how to help.

Despite all the things they said,and how much she understood,the one person Yomeja wanted to hear from,to speak with,to explain why she did it,why she didn't trust her...she had ran. From the moment she had awoken she waited for Wanda to be an adult and approach her,but Wanda had left and not spoken a word to her mate. Yomeja was no fool,in her mate mark in her bones she could feel the fear,the longing,the sadness,the pain of all of them but she was exhausted. At least at work the respected the distance,and stayed cordial. Yomeja could tell it was hard but she did not want to pretend to be alright and build resentment behind a mask.

Hearing her phone chime alerted her on Tony sending her money,it wasn't lavish,which she was glad about since it didn't seem manipulative. It'd be for lunch,to feed her pets,or simply to remind her she existed to him still.

"Where's the avocado?," Libitina asked walking into the apartment , bending her knees slightly,Yomeja was confused but realized who they meant.

"Wade?, he's at work,"Yomeja stated trying not to be rude but showing disinterest. Libitina glanced at her causing her friend discomfort.

"And where is Loki?," they asked making themselves comfortable.

"He is gone as well," Yomeja stated as her friend response was a deep sigh.

"I wanted us to talk today,"Libitina stated sitting on the sofa next to her.

"They probably didn't want to talk," Yomeja stated thinking of her own situation.

" Then the don't want a relationship," Libitina responsed having Yomeja pause and turn to them.

"If your mates don't want to discuss something they have that right,"Yomeja snapped rolling her eyes.

"If it means it can affect our relationship,it needs to happen or no relationship," Libitina stated again.

"Why can't you people respect space or privacy," Yomeja scoffed her friends eyes widened slightly.

"How else would I know how to function in a relationship or the things that I should or shouldn't do unless my partner is open with me?," Libitina asked confused about Yomeja's stance.

"You should know based off what you expect,"Yomeja replied in a duh tone. Libitina crossed their arms still calm as they looked at their friend.

"When is my birthday?," Libitina asked a confused look on Yomeja's face.

"What does that have to do with anything?," Yomeja asked.

"Just tell me," was the only resp then there was complete silence.

"I... I'm sorry I don't know," Yomeja said.

"Exactly," Libitina stated.

"I'm so sorry,I've known you for-," Yomeja began but was cut off.

"You've know me for eons and don't know it,"Libitina responsed.

"I'm sorry,"Yomeja sighed.

"Why?," Libitina asked," I don't care about my birthday,I expect no gifts,no celebration but I don't think my partners would agree,"Libitina stated as Yomeja sat before them in complete silence.

"So once again I ask,why shouldn't I communicate with them?," Libitina asked.

"I'm sorry I think I just got caught up in a moment because with my mates, they always push and pry," Yomeja stated getting up to pour herself more tea.

"No they ask you things,you lie, don't fully explain to them, then get mad if they look themselves," Libitina responsed. Yomeja felt offended by their words, staring daggers at the god.

"I tell them everything," Yomeja stated.

"You tell them about the road, not the journey, they want to be close, you lock them out," Libitina said ignoring the death glare.

"Are you excusing what she did?," Yomeja asked,"Wanda violated my trust."

"Says the broad who let their mate cry on her shoulder about somebody else being fully aware that the person was lying and not doing anything as long as it didn't hurt them," Libitina threw back seeing how tightly Yomeja held her tea cup,"I think that's...some sort of violation."

The sound of glass breaking filled the room as Libitina smiled softly to themselves ignoring Yomeja.

" I disagree with both of you, you for not being fully open despite soaking up their words and lives,and them for not finding a better way to handle it," Libitina responsed getting up to get herself water despite the death glare. Yomeja let out a deep sigh as she began removing the glass shards from her hand. Libitina's words played in her head to the point of her not realizing Wade and Loki's arrival.

"We are home," Loki called out seeing his mate give a small grin bowing to them.

"Welcome back to our realm," Libitina replied kissing him then Wade. It made Yomeja think even more especially since they both avoided their mates. Even though it had been a short while for them, she could tell Libitina was actually trying. The god had thought on them during the stay and had been very cordial, then flirtatious in short sparks,the god was adjusting quite well.

' Maybe I should be more flexible, especially since I love them,' she thought, 'I should probably be more open, they don't know what I endured.' 

They knew her life was hard, but not the abuse,not the manipulation not even what it was like to be at war at such a young age,god or not. Yomeja couldn't set standards or reason with people who did not know much less,understood.

"I'm heading home," Yomeja stated hurriedly grabbing her items and leaving as the two men looked confused a deep sigh of relief was heard.

"Thank gods because I wanted alone time and she's so stubborn," Libitina stated grabbing items for dinner.

"Libi we were alright her staying a bit," Loki stated,"I didn't want her to feel unwelcomed."

"I get that but she has mates and instead of coddling we should also advise," Libitina responsed.

"Since your closer than us, I trust you to know exactly what you're doing even though I do wish we communicated this first I don't want her to feel like she's put out," Wade stated trying to pout but causing Loki to time his eyes as Libitina chuckled.

"Sure, I'll try that next time," Libitina cooed pecking their mates softly.

***

Yomeja had made it home but was still on her floor cleaning herself up. After her talk with Libitina she wanted to clear her head so she knew it was her decision not rash and not an influence.

She knew they were aware of her presence hours ago,but the kept their distance out of respect for her. It was probably a toll on them as well as her and the lack of cooperation, communicate and honesty was difficult for them all.

Yomeja had decided to be vulnerable, despite her fear of it. Understandably  it was her first big step, theirs too and so much time had been wasted by fear and distance already. Yomeja decided to rest and approach them accordingly tomorrow.

💜🕊️💜🕊️💜🕊️💜🕊️💜🕊️💜🕊️

Vote, comment, share and happy reading will update and edit.