Pieces-Tongues of Repentance 27

16-6-2022

"Yomeja did not like how you voted to execute everyone who opposed you," Sol stated.

"So she removed my soul mark and therefore my soulmate's," Oblivion snapped, "she's happy and bubbly, why can't I know if they're dead or alive?," she asked causing Libitina to sighed deeply.

" I don't care about a past that no human has endured, we are gods and aliens, we're too old for this," Libitina snapped as a cold frost seemed to envelope the room, " heal her,she is ours," they barked as cold eyes landed on Sol and Obvi,"You got a problem address her when she's better stop acting like sniveling dogs over a corpse she's warm  flesh,fix it!," Libitina screeched as a burst of cold air was pushed by the large wings upon their back as they two women dropped on one knee in respect.

"Yes sir," they stated brushing  past the stunned group heading towards  Yomeja.

" What was that?," Wade asked over the room was not frozen and no one could hear.

" I think she threatened to kill them, all I felt was death," Loki explained trying not to admire her blood lust,he fought not to bend from it,he didn't know how Wade took it so well. From what Loki could understand Yomeja was an important deity who held more power than he thought,and despite how so many seemed against her,Libitina was especially devoted to the goddess.

***

Yomeja's mates waited patiently for her to be better as they tried to understand everything. Tony felt as if they should trust Yomeja and give her time to open herself to them especially when he could see why she was unable to. For once he understand that what they saw as secrets was simply her privacy and way of protecting her mind, after this he knew he'd need to detox and alter a few things concerning his relationship with her.

"Are you alright?," Vision asked Tony seeing him deep in thought.

" No... I am not ok," Tony stated not trying to appease to anyone's emotions," Yomeja is being put at risk and i think its because we're selfish. "

"Selfish?," Wanda asked, "we have a right to know and understand our mate."

"Well yes but, its not up to us to set her tempo ," Stephen chimed in.

"Of everyone who can speak out,it is not you," Bruce stated coldly.

"I'm sorry, why does he not have a say in how our mate is treated?," Thor asked not liking Bruce's tone.

"Well he's new, and he rejected our mate the first time he could," Natasha replied.

"Yes but...she accepted him, that's not our place to decide and neither is her life," Clint snapped agreeing with Tony and the others.

"Yes and even if you guys feel that way, I'm on Yomeja's side, if we don't want go lose her we should follow her steps to her heart," Steve stated glancing at Tony and Vision who nodded in agreement.

"We just almost had her die... I'll wait for her decisions and openness," Peter stated as Clint silently agreed, him and Peter held each other. Yomeja held a special place for all of them,it was only fair to properly respect her idealism and pace especially when they've gotten so dangerously close to losing their final mate. The ones who disagreed decided to sit in silence contemplating what path they should take,but knew it could mean losing not just the goddess but their other mates as well.

***

Yomeja was getting better under the observation of Sol and Oblivion who did as the god of Death told them. They still were upset with their situation but felt relief in seeing the goddess after so many years. Yomeja was unconscious at the time her body slowly grew as her skin began glow from within healing her. Soon they saw movement behind her eyes as they slowly opened adjusting to the lights, she groaned.

"Don't move," Sol stated as she was checking her over.

"We're not done yet, so sit tight and relax," Oblivion added confusing the moon goddess even more.

"Where are my mates?," Yomeja asked trying to access the situation she was in.

"They're here," Oblivion replied.

"And they're safe, worried ,but safe," Sol added causing her to relax slightly.

"What's going on?," Yomeja asked realizing she was at the gods hideout.

"Well apparently someone poisoned you with angel's trumpet," Sol told her, " and one mate searched your past memories.

"Some Greek monster attacked you guys too," Oblivion added.

"Is everyone ok?," Yomeja asked panicked but her body ached too much to make sudden movements.

"Their all fine," Libitina stated coming into the moon goddess view.

"What greek monster attacked?," Yomeja asked confused as Libitina rolled their eyes.

"Hydra attacked you guys right as your organs began to crystallize so I figured it was a set up," the god replied sitting next to her.

"Good gods, now what?," Yomeja asked frustrated at this attempt. Every step they could take they did so and it only created more problems for her people, S.H.I.E.L.D, and herself.

"An ex slipped in under the guise of Agatha, single, no kids and found dead, she was hired and slowly began poisoning you," Libitina explained showing her an image of a young brunette.

"Annalise that bitch!," Yomeja yelled but groaned as a wave of pain went through her body.

"Idiot," Oblivion mumbled as Sol chuckled low.

"Whatever I'll handle it," Yomeja stated falling back into silence but she felt as if she was forgetting something.

"Libitina... I've met your mates just as you said," Yomeja stated.

"Yea I met them too," Libitina responded dryly.

"Their here?," she asked.

"I just said that," Libitina responded curtly. The other goddesses examined each other yet did not speak refusing to be the one who would speak of mates with the obviously confused god.

"What about your mind reading mate?," Oblivion asked.

"I'll have to have a proper conversation concerning her," Yomeja sighed deeply wondering why she went so far and why did their mates allow such a boundary to be broken.

"Does that work with... humans?," Sol asked.

"Sometimes, threats or bounding them isn't exactly healthy and deciding to separate for a few centuries isn't either," Yomeja added as the two goddess exclaimed their surprise to that statement. Being from their walks of life and striving so hard to just  survive made adjusting to emotions, someone to depend on, and someone who cares for you extremely hard process.

The best thing that any god could find with their mate when beginning in a relationship was someone who was similar to them in godhood or at least a god, making it easier since  they could depend on their self rather than their mate as well. Humans were more complex, deeper and have not experienced centuries or eons alone. Libitina was not most gods though, walking with the dead, hearing how they perished, made them emotionally unresponsive and this was something they had to pursue with caution.

The best anyone could do was hope for the best for Loki and Wade.

💜🕊💜🕊💜🕊💜🕊💜🕊💜🕊💜🕊💜

Hi I'm officially back to start updating my stories more regularly I just had a human, but I am officially on top of things and will try to release one chapter of each story once a week, once again my deepest apologies and I am so happy for the support

Vote, comment, share, and happy reading ☺️