Pieces- I.F.L.Y 7

03-19-2020

Wade sighed as he hung up with his friend. He tried to set Yomeja up with someone who had no soulmark but she canceled last minute...again. He decided  to call her to see what happened this time.

"What do you want Wilson?," Yomeja answered the third ring.

"For you to go on the dates I set," he replied, "what happened this time? You've decided to stop trying to move on."

"No I got my arse kicked, " she replied causing him to sit up from the couch abruptly.

"Why didn't you fight back?," he asked, he knew she wasn't human, she could beat him up.

"Peter was in the next room, I didn't want to risk hurting him...or," she trailed off.

"Have him see your mark," he finished for her.

"I'm sorry Wade I just...I need a break," she told him.

"I'm on my way," he said hanging up on her as she protested.

He dressed quickly hoping she wouldn't be too mad at him,he decided to by her favorite flowers,not caring for the stares he received because of his face. Yomeja liked it and for him,that was more than enough. As he walked to the Avengers Tower he thought only of her,no she wasn't his soulmate but he was mark less,and if she was too, they'd be great together. Shaking his head at the thought he ignored the stares as he went up to her floor.

***
The Avengers sat in silence eating pizza they ordered. They usually eat Yomeja's cooking but she was on a date. Peter didn't want to discuss his college field trip in the Tower and Tony was too upset with her being on a date to answer Happy's many calls.

'He probably wonders why Yomeja is on a date,'Tony thought, she never dated yet...now she was.

Did she have a soulmate?

Was she happy?

How much time did they have?

Yes they were all mated to each other but she was there to fill the gaps. The words they couldn't find,the comfort they couldn't give or receive,she was there always. If she left,would they make it?

The team perked up hearing the elevator ding.

"Hide the food," Thor whispered loudly,Yomeja hated take out food, it was good but not something that should be a habit. Every meal they ate at home she made and they had gotten use to it hoping she came home early to make something glorious. As they ran to the elevator to greet her they paused. A white male with badly damaged skin stood in the living room. Black boots,black jeans and a red flannel shirt with a black t shirt underneath.

"Hi," he chuckled nervously,the large bouquet of red and white roses with bright sunflowers was held close to his chest,"I'm looking for Lasianna," he told them.

"There is no Lasianna," Wanda told him wondering how he knew which elevator to take to their floor and why was he allowed access.

"Friday you allowed a stranger through?," Steve asked confused.

"Mr. Wilson is a friend of  Yomeja," Friday replied.

"You called her Lasianna," Bruce stated.

"Yomeja Consí Lasianna Stella," Wade said," I prefer her middle name."

"So you're here for her,but she's on...a date," Pietro said,the words bitter in his mouth.

"No she's in her place...if I could find it," Wade said.

"But she told us-," Natasha began but he cut her off.

"She's had a bad day,says someone kicked her ass," Wade blurted out wincing internally at what he didn't mean to say.