Pieces-Tarantula 21

05-14-2020

A week had passed with her and Stephen tolerating each other at best...or she tolerated him while he fought the urge to hold her. Yomeja was plain as milk, nothing about her was extravagant or over the top. The way she walked like she was on a catwalk, simple yet fierce, the way she'd give small smiles or chat with Clint in sign language, how she'd help Tony and Bruce or show Pietro new tricks.

Yet one thing she did that he loved...was sing. It'll be the most heartbreaking tune and so slow but he loved how at peace she was cooking and swaying to her own unheard tune. He loved how she'd fly around down the halls or stop in mid air, falling to catch herself right before she got hurt.

He understood why his stomach did flops.

Stephen loved how despite what he did she was nice to him, when he didn't deserve it but the main thing he enjoyed above all else...

Was seeing her head thrown back in laughter.

Stephen hated that he missed out on so much, yes he knew she hid from them for years but as least she created a bond with them...she was simply cordial with him. No inside jokes, or longing glances not even a taste of her lips yet as he watched them interact with her, he felt like he was being tortured held back  from the best pleasure.

"Your staring again," Bruce whispered to Stephen chuckling as the man fixed his love sick face and sat up trying to catch up on what he missed Yomeja explain.

"So if you go in from north east you'll get out safely hitting only the main points where information is hence...less battle," she explained looking at her notes on the wall with the blue print.

"You keep finding routes to where there's no battle," Tony mused aloud as he sat up shocked pulling Yomeja to him staring at her stomach.

"Tony!," Wanda chided as he held his ear to her stomach as she flapped her wings trying to break his hold.

"I hear a baby!," Tony yelled,"who did it? I was supposed to be first," he told them jabbing his thumb into his chest as Yomeja popped his ear he hissed.

"You hear coffee, I'm not pregnant and I'm too old to have kids," she told him stroking his head.

"Yomeja how old are you?," Stephen asked as she sat in the center of the table.

"Human years 185, goddess years 8,096," she told him making Thor's jaw drop.

"Your older than me by a few thousand," Thor boomed in shock.

"Yeah but I'm not pregnant right now so, no kiddies but you have missiony," she told them rhyming as she began getting their items ready for them to leave.

"You should talk to her," Natasha blurted out passing by Stephen.

" I'm afraid she'll kill me," Stephen replied.

"She'll kill you if you don't talk," Clint told him as the others patted his back trying to give comfort.

"So what do I say?," Stephen asked following them down the hall.

"Tell her you like tarantulas," Peter advised.

***

"I love tarantulas," Stephen blurted out to a confused Yomeja. Two weeks went by before they returned,each night they'd huddle together and read to her. Yomeja warned them to not call,so they'd be safe, but they refused the Avengers knew she had terrible night mares but reading helps her sleep all night. As they read to her Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark she drifted off, her large black pentagram blanket a huge contrast to their room but they loved seeing her. Her body completely relaxed, her thick long hair sticking out from her bonnet as she snored lightly are gave a little fart that Wanda squealed at as if it was adorable. Stephen watched too and every day he planned what to say to her.