Ch.16- kouda

Animals are a lot easier to talk to.
Name; Koji Koda.
Birthday; February 1st.
Hero Title; The Petting Hero, Anima.
Phobias; Entomophobia(Fear of insects)
Power;
4/5. B.
Speed;
2/5. D.
Technique;
3/5. C.
Intelligence;
3/5. C.
Cooperativeness;
1/5. E.
ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ
Koji Koda is a student in the UA, more specifically the esteemed Class 1-A. He doesn't talk much, much preferring to use pantomimes and sign language to speak and communicate with his friends or teammates. Though he does sometimes speak out, often with classmates he has a close personal connection with.
Despite his rock-like head and tall, burly frame his Quirk allows him to talk to and command animals. If they can hear him shout or in an area where he could be heard regardless, he could give them a task or action to preform.
He and his teammate/friend, Jiro Kyoka, defeated Present Mic by using insects to dig through the underground, where sound can't travel, and swarm the teacher. Although he did so with some hesitation given the fact Koji has a strong fear of insects and arachnids.
He most likely has a form of anxiety, possibly Social Anxiety Disorder. He finds animals are much better company, often shys away from being the center of attention, and he doesn't cooperate all that well with classmates, though pulls through when he needs to or when he's pushed to.

Social Anxiety Disorder, sometimes called social phobia, is an anxiety disorder characterized by extreme fear or anxiety in one or more social settings. Going to a party or even having a one-on-one conversation with a new person can result in increased heart rate, sweating, and racing thoughts for someone with social anxiety. When social anxiety gets significant, it's common for individuals to isolate and feel very alone, making recovery harder.

Ultimately, it can make it difficult for a person to live the life they want: the excessive fear of humiliation and rejection can limit them in work, school, and relationships. While most people have concerns about acceptance and embarrassment, the extreme anxiety and dread that accompany social anxiety disorder are so overwhelming that a person may find it hard to function in daily life and may avoid the anxiety-inducing situations altogether.

Social anxiety disorder usually comes on at around 13 years of age. It can be linked to a history of abuse, bullying, or teasing. Shy kids are also more likely to become socially anxious adults, as are children with overbearing or controlling parents

That's what it was, as long as koda could remember he was bullied, "Are you extremely afraid of being judged by others?

Are you very self-conscious in everyday social situations?

Do you avoid meeting new people?

If you have been feeling this way for at least six months and these feelings make it hard for you to do everyday tasks—such as talking to people at work or school—you may have a social anxiety disorder.

Social anxiety disorder (also called social phobia) is a mental health condition. It is an intense, persistent fear of being watched and judged by others. This fear can affect work, school, and your other day-to-day activities. It can even make it hard to make and keep friends. But social anxiety disorder doesn't have to stop you from reaching your potential. Treatment can help you overcome your symptoms.", his eyes scanned the paper again, it was true he did have social anxiety.

Sighing he left recovery girls office. "Uhm.. mom?", izuku looked up at the taller male smiling he out the knife down "yes Kōji?", "can we Uhm.. talk?", his eyes traveled everywhere but izuku smiling the boy nodded bring koda to his dorm.

"What's wrong?", Kōji sighed, "I have social anxiety I was wondering how could I Uhm make myself feel better and talk more?.." his fingerers danced in his lap dead down, "Of course!, just remember we're a family!, we all love you, even if you don't talk much we'll always love ya!"

Smiling Kōji got a forehead kiss "thanks mom.. I'll try to talk more!", izukus miles waving kids goodbye.

"Another down!"