Ch.26- Kurogiri

Kurogiri is the secondary antagonist in the He is the ' second-in-command, and one of 's most faithful servants. Like the rest of the League, he desires to kill All Might and help create a new world in Tomura's image.

It is later revealed that Kurogiri is actually the long lost friend of Shota Aizawa and Hizashi Yamada, Oboro Shirakumo, who was believed to have been killed in an accident during their internship. It is revealed that his corpse was taken away before its cremation and mutated into that of a unique Nomu by the acts of  and .

He is voiced by Takahiro Fujiwara in the Japanese version, and Chuck Huber in the English dubbed version.

Despite appearing to be composed of nothing but pure fog, Kurogiri has a physical body. Nonetheless, he appears as a dark, ghastly-looking man with yellow eyes. He normally wears a suit with a tie and a metal collar around his entire neck as a civilian. Underneath the mist, is that of the body of Oboro Shirakumo.

For his villain costume, he wears absolutely nothing, and his neck collar normally remains hidden within his foggy body. He also sometimes appears larger than he normally is.

Unlike the rest of his fellow villains, Kurogiri is a calm and collected person. When he first encounters Thirteen and his students, he introduces himself and greets them in a respectful manner, exchanging names to them and such. Nonetheless, he is quite sinister, as he has no problem with harming the heroes in any way, let alone killing them.

He also seems act as a mentor of 's in a way, despite his position. After 's defeat, Kurogiri tried to keep Shigaraki calm about the situation. When  and  attempted to join the league, Kurogiri advised Shigaraki that he should be rationalized and allow them introduce themselves, instead of creating conflict.

Ever since his imprisonment in Tartarus, Kurogiri has been behaving rather oddly. Recently, Gran Torino and Naomasa Tsukauchi have been noting his behavior, in which they have commented how he behaves very identical to a Nomu. Kurogiri will tend to ramble on about various topics, but the moment the League of Villains are brought up as a topic, he immediately keeps quiet, as if his mind is being manipulated. Despite this, he continues to wonder how Tomura is, feeling that it's important for him to look after him, showing his immense loyalty to him. It appears, however, that he might still possess a very small amount of Oboro's memories because Shota was able to get through him long enough for Oboro to take control.

As Oboro Shirakumo, he was a young man noted for his jovial and cheerful demeanour, coupled with an energetic and goofy sense of humor. Aside from this, he was also brave, altruistic and selfless, as shown when he used his Quirk to save children from falling debris. He also encouraged his friend Shota Aizawa to keep trying his best and to keep smiling, even when faced with failure.

The man that would later become Tomura's right hand was once a student at U.A. known as Oboro Shirakumo. Oboro was a Class 2-A student, who was in his second year at U.A. At this point, he had became familiar with his classmates, most notably with Shota Aizawa and Hizashi Yamada. He was also good friends with Nemuri Kayama, though it appeared that he may have had slight romantic feelings for her.

The trio did various things during their time in U.A. such as taking part in joint exercises with Class 2-B and discuss about their Quirks during their free time. Oboro and Shota in particular took part in their work studies with the Pro Hero, His Purple Highness, who Nemuri recommended they should join with. Their first mission was to defeat a villain with a smoke-based Quirk. They were unsuccessful at capturing the villain, due to him using his smoke to let him escape. Oboro was praised for attempting to capture the villlain, but Shota was critictized for letting the villain escape, leaving a bad impression on him. Later that day, Oboro tried to cheer him up and advised him that he should simply keep up a smile, even if things don't go his way. Oboro then handed out his goggles to him as a way to ensure that Shota would be able to counter the villain's Quirk, should he ever come across him again.