CHAPTER-SEVENTEEN

I was on my bed thinking about next day, a few moments before I was talking to Anna on phone and invited her for dinner the next day, she seemed scared I assured her that my parents are totally cool. yeah I think my parents are cool, come on they haven't restricted anything for me and we are like friends but they are old umm not that old.

----

The next day went as usual, I told Derek and Sean about the dinner we were going to have with Anna later that day. At first they thought I was messing with them but they believed me eventually. Derek started picking up on me as always I had to shut him up, he can be pain in the ass sometimes but actually they were happy for me and they told there'll be a sick haunted ride at the carnival.

I went home after school, and plopped down on the couch and turn the T.V on flicked through the channels until I found ESPN..booya ! great timing, the game of the Hawks and the Bucks was just started.

I was enjoying the game when those negative thoughts started flashing into my mind, what if my parents don't like her ? or what if my parents found out about Anna being a vampire, my heart clenched. Oh boy no no no that won't happen. After those malicious thoughts I watched the whole game half heartedly, my eyes were fixated on the T.V but my mind was somewhere else.

----

My parents came earlier that day, after the game I went into my room. As the time passed I started getting nervous.

Knock, Knock !

"Come in " I said.

The door of my room opened and my dad came in.

"Dad ! you could have called me " I said.

"Nah ! I am not here to give you any chore son ! I wanted to have a talk with you " Dad said.

"About what ? " I asked.

"About this relationship thing, what else " Dad replied.

I sighed.

"You nervous ? " Dad asked.

"Yeah " I managed.

"Don't be nervous, be confident my boy, do you know me and your mother met each other in high school and got married after our graduation " Dad said.

"I am afraid, what if I lose her " I mumbled.

"You won't, do you think she is the one ? " Dad asked.

I took a few seconds to reply but I was determined.

"Yes she is the one " I replied.

"Okay now listen to me carefully, if you say she is the one and you don't wanna lose her then there a few things that you need in a relationship " Dad said.

"And they are ? " I said hurriedly.

"Easy Blakey boy easy ! aahh where were we - "

"Dad ! " I impelled.

"Ha ha ! okay as I was saying, you'll need trust,loyalty,understanding,compromise,patience and care that's all " Dad said.

"That's all ? " I asked in a confusion.

"Yes ! that's how me and your mother have spent our lives with each other. I know all this sounds really old school but it really works   " Dad explained.

"Wow so there were some cool old farts back then " I chuckled.

----

It was almost time, Anna would come by any second and I was nervous and excited. I thought of wearing something formally casual so I put on my purple plaid shirt and a plain black t-shirt underneath with a black distressed denim.

Mom was in the kitchen and dad was watching the NEWS while I was marching in the hallway when suddendly the doorbell rang, she was on time.

"I'll get it " I said rushing down to get the door. within in a couple on seconds I was at the door, I took a deep breath and opened the door.

I eyed her adoringly she was wearing a long Prussian Blue dress shirt and white tights with black boots.

"Hi ! " Anna greeted with a shy smile.

"Hey ! come in " I smiled, opened the door and led her to the lounge.

"Mom, dad she is here " I called motioning her to sit. mom and dad came after a while Anna stood up.

"Hello Mr and Mrs. Thomas " Anna greeted with a smile.

"Hello dear ! " Mom and dad greeted in unison.

"Nice you to meet you " She said.

"Nice to meet you too dear, have a seat " Mom said with a smile.

"Thank-you " Anna said.

"Your welcome ! " Mom said.

After fifteen minutes mom went into the kitchen and asked us to sit on the dinning table, she lying the table then Anna offered to help mom and laid table with her.

Dad winked at me, I hope it's a positive move and so we were having dinner, mom made pot roast with mash potatoes and grilled vegetables. She started asking questions from Anna, it seemed more of an interview than a dinner but Anna answered confidently with a smile constantly on her face, I shot mom a glare she stopped.

Mom took Anna into the kitchen it took a little longer than it should have, I wondered what happened. They came back with the chocolate pie, I glanced towards Anna to ask her but she wasn't looking towards me. And then we had dessert Anna again offered help to do the dishes with mom.

Then it was time to drop Anna home, my folks and Anna said their farewell. I was anxious to know.

"What did my mom say to you ? "  I asked while driving.

"You know everything you were there  " She replied.

"I am talking about when my mom took you in the kitchen with her ? " I asked.

"She was asking about your grades " She replied.

"Don't lie to me and seriously about my grades Anna ? " I asked.

"Nothing happened don't worry " She replied.

I didn't push her any further, she kept looking outside the window most of the ride. I stopped my car in front of the curb of her house, we silent for a few moments.

"You didn't tell me, how am I looking ?  " Anna spoke first.

"Pretty as always " I replied.

"You are looking so spicy and thanks for inviting me at dinner " She said and smiled shyly.

"Anna, since when do we need to use these formal words ? " I asked.

"Oh yeah ! I won't do it again, so see you in school tomorrow " She said.

"See you in school tomorrow " I said and gave a quick peck on her lips.

After dropping Anna off, I came to my house and found my parents sitting in the lounge, they wore a poker face.

"We have been waiting for you Blake ! " Mom said with a serious face.

The way she said, "We have been waiting for you Blake " scared the crap out of me.

*Please vote and leave a comment :-)