CHAPTER-TWENTY FOUR

"What's with this exaggeration ? " I asked straightforwardly. She sighed.

"Yes ! I remember you. Why do you care ? " She asked.

"Well I doubt that, you are actually here for teaching. You were grief struck when I first saw you and now you behave completely odd. I don't know you are different. " I said. Her eyes went wide.

"E-Excuse me ! I think you are being judgmental. By the way you can't behave like this with me, I am your teacher so show some respect. " She snapped. She was only proving my assumptions.

"Seriously ! I can tell you know nothing about teaching because I am a straight A student in English and yet you think I lack somewhere in it, while there are some students in class who actually need help but you didn't bother to notice. " I mocked her hoping that maybe she'll kick me out by herself but no, I was wrong.

"You know ? You are being overconfident. You don't have to teach me anything. I know what I have do. End of discussion. " She said arrogantly.

"Wha- "

"Hurry up ! Blake or else you will have to be in this class longer than expected. " She said with a wry smile.

"Come on ! You can't do that, please didn't you see that, I got an A in the test. I don't need any kind of tuition. " I threw my hands up in exasperation.

"Oh ! So you really do want to be in this class for longer period. " She said with a raised eyebrow.

"What ? Of course not. " I said glaring at her.

"Then do as I say. " She said and started checking the papers laying across the table.

I totally disliked her and I regret the day I stood out to help her. My cellphone buzzed. I took it out to check the text message but before I could glance at the sender's name, she looked up and told me to keep my eyes on the paper. So I shoved it back into the pocket. She got busy with the papers and I was writing my essay.

CLICK-CLACK, CLICK-CLACK !

The sound of the heels again, she came towards me. She held an expression of anxiousness, it seemed like she wanted to say something.

"Blake ! " She called. "Hmm ! " I muttered. "Ah ! Umm...never mind. " She said and went back.

After the bell rang I placed everything back in my backpack, went to the table and gave her my paper she motioned me to leave. To my happiness we didn't have any other conversation after that. I walked out of the building and went to the parking lot, unlocked the door of my car before I could land my botty, I remembered about the text.

"Oh ! Message from bae. " I smiled to myself. When I read the message my heart trembled. It said, "Meet me at my place please, it's urgent ! " My brain started flashing all negative thoughts. What if she is hurt ? I shook my head vigorously and started praying in a mumble Please God ! Let her be okay. I drove to her house immediately and park my car on it's usual place. I out of the car and ran towards the main door and rang the bell impatiently. When the door opened, I thanked God and then I hugged her tightly squeezing her and chanting I am glad you are okay. Then I broke away to see her.

"You almost gave me a heart attack, don't ever do that again. " I said and hugged her again.

Someone cleared their throat in the background, it all seemed distant. Then somebody squeezed my shoulder and broke my trance. I turned and froze, my jaw dropped. We were not alone, the SP and Anna's parents were staring at us in amusement.

"I-I thought t-that Anna was hurt, so I...I didn't know you people were here too. " I struggled and felt my face heated up.

"Mr. Blake ! We called you here for a reason. " Officer Dalton said.

"What is it officer ? " I asked.

"Are you aware of the casualty that took place two days ago ? " He asked.

"I apologize but I have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. " I said.

"Mr. Blake ! Please listen carefully to what I am going to say now- "

"Is everything okay ? " I asked.

"I am afraid not, because a teenage boy was found dead in the forest and the reports show that his death was caused by the loss of blood from the whole body, which we suspect was done by a vampire. Because there were no traces of struggling or fighting and we didn't find blood drops anywhere near the crime scene. And miss. Anna thinks it was done by Monica. " He explained.

"What ? S-She killed someone ? -"

"And we suspect that, she will try to harm you as well. Your life is in danger. " He said.

"How does she keep trespassing into the city ? " I asked.

"We have no clue about it, but we do know that, she trespasses through underground means because we have checked every possible place except underground. Our team has started underground inspection and I guarantee you that, she will be caught soon. Until then, some of my officers will be guarding you. "He explained.

"But why is she after me ? " I asked frowning.

"We can't say for sure, it maybe some sort of rivalry or you maybe a potential prey. " He replied.

"Rivalry ? It can't be, I mean we have never had an encounter before meeting Anna or something like that. " I said. Someone was trying to talk to officer Dalton, he replied back through his walkie talkie.

"Mr. Blake ! Before I leave, I want you to meet Officer Keith and Officer Nate. They will be guarding you and your surroundings. " He introduced.

"Hello ! Officers, nice to meet you. " I greeted them and shake their hands. They greeted back.

"Okay ! I must leave now. And remember if anything unusual happens, do not hesitate to call me. " Officer Dalton said giving me his number.

"Thank-You officer. " I said. He smiled and gave a nod. Then left.

I stood beside Anna.

"I am really worried about you. If I get my hands on her, I will kill that bit- "

"An ! " I said.

"Sorry but it is so aggravating. I know she did it, so she can tell us that it is easy for her to..."

"Kill me too " I finished. She sighed.

*Please vote and leave a comment. To all readers please do vote. :-)