What, Will, I, Have, Left

Niko's POV

I open my eyes and see a concerned Lizzie hovering over me. I blink a few times to clear the fog from my mind as I start to sit up.

"Lizzie what happened." I asked her.

"I don't know I came to check up on you and I found you asleep with a spell I siphoned it from you. Do you remember what happened." She asked me.

"I came back and Hope said she had to do something with Aunt Freya next thing I know I'm waking up with you over me so where is Hope?" I ranted.

"I don't know. Is there something I can do for you?" She asked me.

"Yeah can you get your mom I'm gonna call my dad." I said as I rummaged through the mess on my desk to look for my phone.

Lizzie ran out of the room and Caroline came back in a few moments later as I found my phone.

"Niko what's wrong." She asked as she saw my panicked state.

"Hope put me under a sleeping spell do you know why or where she is."I asked panicking.

"No."

"I'm calling my dad."

"Ok I will go ask the advance tracking class to try and find her."

——————————————————-

Here I am leaning on a car next to my dad as we wait for Caroline to come back from the dinner we stopped at on our way to find Hope.

"How could this have happened why didn't you take car of her." My dad said pacing back and forward.

"It wasn't my fault she put me under a sleeping spell." I responded.

"What about the boy she's ran away with couldn't you dispose of him."

"I tried I bit him and Hope healed him she refuses to listen to me now she angry that I still talked to you after you left her. She feel I have betrayed her." I looked up at him and stared him in the eyes.

Before I could continue Caroline came out holding two cups of coffee in her hand and a brown bag.

"So my tracking class should be zeroing in on them. We should have a location nailed down any minute." She says as she passes my dad the other coffee and hands me the bag before proceeding to take a sip from her cup.

"So what we just wait her and sip rancid diner coffee and watch Niko scarf down that donut." He says and they both look to me and see my face stuffed and they both laugh.

"Or you both can think about what you'll say when you see Hope. Or more importantly what you won't say. You'll be tempted to last out but you'll regret it later."

I scoffed " I find that hard to believe I told her to stay away from Roman look at what she has done. Running away questioning my judgment on why I said to stay away from him."

"And you have a lot to answer for as well just for losing my daughter." My dad said.

"She not lost" Caroline tried to explain before my dad cut her off.

"After all your haranguing "Be a better father become more Engaged." He said.

"I refute "harague" I am not a haranguer. I gave constructive advice." She explained.

"Which I heeded at my own peril. And Hope didn't make it any easier." He huffed.

"She's not eight years old anymore dad we both grew up I just did it earlier so she would stay protected from the carnage of our family." I interrupted.