mombie dearest

Nico's POV

I wake up to see my bed is empty with no lizzie in sight. I get up and hurry to get dressed when I remember what day it is. The twins' birthdays. I check my closet to make sure my suit is in there before heading out for the day. I walk to the great hall and see that the preparations for tonight are going fine. Hope is in therapy with Emma so I'm pretty much on my own till later. I walk to Dr.Saltzmans office and walk in without knocking to see him with Dorian and another woman I've never seen wearing a wedding dress covered in blood. He was pointing a crossbow at her.

"I don't know what I've walked in on but if it means I won't be bored for the next few hours I'm all in." I tell him as I close the door behind me and sit on a chair next to his desk.

"Nico I need you to put a barrier spell around my office and whatever you do don't tell the twins about what I'm about to tell you." He tells me.

"Oh so that's gonna be a problem, me and Lizzie have a whole thing about honesty and Hope made me promise no to lie to her after dad died." I told him.

"Well I think you're gonna have to make an exception this time Nico cause this is Josette Lauglin.My dead fiance" He tells me the gears in my mind turn and I realize this is the twins biological mother. "Crap." I said out loud.

Lizzie's Pov

"Josie, both our dresses are in the closet right?'' I tell her as I sort through my check list of things to do before our birthday party tonight.

"Yes they are both in there. Hey, have the other twins text you or say anything to you this morning at all." She asks me with a frown on her face.

"No, Nico was asleep when I left her room this morning. Why." I tell her turning around to face her.

Well It's just that me and you both started officially dating the twins on our birthday so today is also our 1 year anniversary." She explained.
" I know that night was magical for the both of us and you shouldn't worry about anything when the twins have ever disappointed us. Now let's not worry anymore and just enjoy the day." I reassure her. "Moms are gonna be here at any time and I want her to spend time with us before our celebration."

"I'm not so sure it will be so easy Lizzie" We both turn to our open doorway and see Penelope with two cupcakes in her hands. "I overheard in the office that they canceled your mom's pickup at the airport. Your moms not gonna be here today" She tells us. We look at each other before pushing past her and rushing to our dad's office.

Nico's POV

"I put a basic boundary spell to keep her in. Are you sure she can't do magic?" Emma asks Ric.

"She couldn't before she died, so if she can now," He turns to look at her briefly. "I guess we'll learn the hard way."

"Um, she's right here. And she's got a lot of questions." The woman who I learned likes to be called Jo says. She had been given some new clothes by Emma and was no longer wearing a bloody wedding dress.

"Be careful with this one, Ric." She says knowing the place this woman has in his heart before walking out.

"Okay, let's talk. Who are you? What do you want?" He says getting straight into it.

She sits down in the chair next to mine. "My name is Josette Laughlin, almost Saltzman."

He interrupts her. "No. Jo Laughlin is dead."

"I'm well aware. It's not every day you get murdered at your shotgun wedding." She responds to him.

"Okay. What's the last thing you remember?" He tells her leaning on his desk with his arms crossed in front of us.