Gods gonna trouble the water

Nikos POV

I woke up early this morning to get ready for the celebration at Rousseau's. I put my tux on and went downstairs.

I saw dad sitting down at the table with a note

"Is that from Caroline." I asked sitting in a chair near him.

"It is how are you feeling?"

"I'm happy moms home and okay I'm angry with Hope for not listening which is why I'm here and not back at school. I'm also sad mom has no werewolf side right now." I say looking down at the table in sadness.

"You have every right to be upset with your sister but your mother will not stay this way for long we will find a way to break the spell." He said.

"Well I'm going to go to Rousseau's and get a drink with Marcel and the rest of them while I wait for the party to start." I said as I stood up and left.

——————————————————

The party was in full swing people were drinking and I saw all the witches saying hi to my mother. From the corner of my eye I saw Hope walk into the bar with Freya. I saw Hope looking around before she spotted me. I turned back and looked at the glass.

"Hey" she said sitting on the stool beside me.

"Hey"

"Look I am so sorry for what I did but you have to understand I just wanted to talk to him I didn't know all this would happen and.." she rambled before I cut her off.

"I'm not mad about you wanting to see him Hope. I'm upset about you not listening to me and believing that all I've ever done was to protect you do you know how worried I was when I woke up and you weren't their. It was terrifying for me." I said.

"I know and I'm truly sorry for all that's happened because of me. And I know you aren't the only one I should say sorry to." She finished.

"Who else do you owe an apology?" I questioned.

"Marcel for starters and josh and Vincent they had so much trouble because of what I've done it's cause chaos in the factions. Do you know where they are." She asked me.

"They were here earlier maybe you should...." before I could finish my sentence the sound of tires screeching could be hear cutting through the happy atmosphere. We all walked out to see two big black vans surrounding the place. I saw josh pull back the curtain on the van to see those assholes who tried to kill my mom.

"What are they doing here." I heard Hope ask from beside me.

"I don't know." I said. "Hope I want you to go with mom and Freya okay don't leave their sides I know what they want and it's you. I say as I saw the guy expose a few stakes.

"No this is suppose to be a happy day that mom is back. I'm not gonna let them ruin it." She raises her hand and spells me away from her.

She walks towards the other van josh is not near and starts chanting a spell.

"Hope." I yell as I run towards her.
Before I reach her the van explodes which causes people to run and scream. She turns around walking past me to get to the other car.

I see them raise their weapons towards her.

"Niko" I hear my mom and Aunt Freya call my name. I grab Hope and pull her out of the way just barely missing the bullet and I hear the van drive away.

——————————————————

I'm downstairs sitting with my mom after the whole disaster today we all came home and Hope went up to her room right away.

"How are you feeling about all that's been happening Niko." My mom final say breaking the silence.

"Im so conflicted about everything. I want o be their for Hope because it's all I've ever done. The other part of me wants to be away from her for a while." I say honestly.

"I don't blame you for that I know it's been hard for you all these year worrying about her never having any real time for yourself." She pauses for a moment. "Tell me about what's going on in your life let's not focus on Hope right now. Is their someone special." She questions.

"Maybe she's a bit younger than me so we're not dating officially but we know that we belong to each other and that's enough for right now." I smiled thinking about Lizzie.

"Who might this younger woman be?" My mom says with a teasing smile on her face.

"Lizzie Saltzman." I say

"Saltzman like Alaric and Caroline's daughter." She says

I nodded my head before responding. "Yeah one in the same. Her and Hope don't like each other so I don't talk to her about this." I say.

My mom nods before pulling me into a hug. "You are my strong warrior Niko and I promise that I will be there for you more okay." I nodded into her shoulder as I pulled her closer to me feeling the warms she is giving me. It's been so long since I have been hugged like this.

——————————————————

We in the bayou with the wolves who are celebrating my mother's return. We all look towards lisinda s she makes a speech.

"Today we celebrate the return of our Alpha. Hayley has lost a fundamental part of who she is but we shall not turn her away but we well all stay by her side in the search to help her get that part of her back." She says before stepping aside for my mom.

"Thank you for everyone whose here for me as your Alpha I am great full to have such a loyal and supportive pack with me. Now let's celebrate with each other." My mom walks off to have fun and I see dad with Hope.

I walk away to his car so I can see him before he goes. I hear a noise to my left and that's all I remember before it all goes black.

Authors note: Another chapter I hope you all are enjoying the story so far and let me know what things you may like to see and what you enjoy about the book.