Haunter of Ruins

Nico's POV

I felt someone shake me awake. I open my eyes to see my mommy. I threw my arms around her in a hug.

"Momma when did you get back," I asked.

"Last night when you and Hope were asleep. Can you wake up your sister? There is a surprise outside for you and Hope." I nodded and woke up my sister. We both got dressed and walked downstairs mom led us outside to the porch where we saw a lot of people.

" Everyone look who's awake." My mom said announcing us. Hope hid behind me peeking out from behind my shoulder. I looked at the man in front of us and recognized him from the photo's mommy would show us. It's our dad.

"Hello," Hope said from behind me.

"Hello," He said back taking a step closer to Hope and me.

"Mommy can we go play in the garden," Hope asked from behind me.

" Yeah sure." Hope ran off after I told her I would join her in a bit.

"Momma who are they," I asked.

" They are your family" She pointed them all out to me as she said their names." That's our daddy Niklaus, your Uncle Elijah, your Aunt Rebekah, your Uncle Kol, and your Aunt Freya."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you all," I said to them.

The woman who's I think is Aunt Rebekah walked closer to me. " Hi Nico, I'm your Aunt Rebekah I used to take care of you and Hope when you were babies."

" You did?" I asked.

" Yeah I would love dressing you in all these cute Pajamas and you would love to snuggle so you can sleep." She said kneeling in front of me.

" Really you were my cuddle buddy."

" I sure was. Can I have some huggies now please?" She opens her arms.

" Sure." I walked into her arms and laid my head on her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around me. We stayed like this for a bit before I told them I was going to go play with Hope and went to the garden to find her.

----------------------------

 Hope and I were painting when our dad came over.

"That's lovely you two." He said.

"Mom said you liked to paint, too," Hope said as I nodded in agreement.

" I do." He agreed.

Hope sat a clean piece of paper on the empty chair beside us. He looked at it before sitting down and painting with us. When we finished dad said he wanted to show us something so we followed him through the woods while he talked with us.

" I painted on animal skins, mostly. Bark, cave walls." Hope and I looked in wonder.

" You lived in a cave," Hope asked.

" I lived in a hovel, all of us crowded into two rooms." I share a room with Hope. " It was actually nicer than it sounds. Though you Uncle Kol snored. Loudly, I might add." We both laughed.

" It must have been nice to have a lot of people to play with. It's only Hope and me. We don't mind but sometimes we wished we had more. Mommy says we can't leave." I say.  

" It was cool, But I still felt alone. Different from the rest of my family." Both me and Hope frowned. " For one thing, I loved Art. I used to make my own paints from flowers and berries." He pointed at some pretty flowers. "These orange ones are the most vibrant."

" I like orange." Hope Said.

" Oh, there's a butterfly," I said as I got down to look at it.

" I think it's stuck." We all kneeled down in front of the flower.

" Yeah, it has a broken wing," Dad said. Hope and I take off our bracelets and hand them to him.

" Shh. Don't tell momma." Hope and I said. We held hands and closed our eyes. Using our magic we fixed the butterfly's wing. We open our eyes to see it flutter its wings before flying off. Dad gives us back our bracelets and we put them back on. We start walking again.

" Mommy said that when we are older Auntie Freya will teach us real spells," I said.

" I think you two are doing pretty well on your own." He said and we both frown.

" We can't always control it and it scary sometimes," I said.

" You loves, are the daughters of Klaus Mikaelson." He said to us. " You two will be the greatest witched the world has ever seen. And nothing will scare you two."

" We know that you are the strongest in the world," I said.

"You will keep all the bad things away," Hope said.

" And I will help you keep them away from her," I said. 

" What bad things?" He asked.

" Just bad people. Monsters." Hope said

" People who are selfish for the wrong reasons, angry, and full of greed," I added.

" Nothing is going to harm my princess and knight in training. Nothing will ever get close. You are all that matters to me, Hope, and Nico." He knelt down and pulled us into a hug.

" Hope you're trembling are you cold?" He asked her.

" Yeah, I've been cold a while now. I am not as warm as Nico." Hope said.

" Alright then let's go inside and warm you back up then shall we." Hope nodded. " You guys can show me your drawing." He picked Hope up and held m hand as we all walked towards the house.

------------------------------------

I woke up to a bad feeling. I look and saw Hope was up too.

" Did you feel it?" Hope asked and I nodded.

"Did you have the same dream?" Hope nodded. We both got up and ran out of our room. We ran into our dad.

" Dad. We think something's wrong." He looked at us.

" We both had a dream about a bad man." I started. " He was hurting these kids and I think he hurt us, too." Hope continued. My head started to hurt.

" I feel dizzy," Hope said.

" And my head hurts." I added  

" Hayley! Freya!" He shouted out. Mommy came and ran over to us. She touched our faces.

" Your both so cold." She said.

" Mommy we're so cold," I said. She grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around us and sat on the couch so we could lean against her for warmth. Aunt Freya came in and started checking on us.

"They've never been sick, ever." Mom said.

" This is a magical affliction." Aunt Freya said. She ran her hand up my arms to try and warm me up." It feels I don't know, it's hard to explain. Almost cold." A note appeared in Mommy's pocket. She pulled it out and looked at it.

" It's from Vincent Griffith. He knows what's wrong with the twins But we have to go back to New Orleans." She sighed. Hope and I looked at each other. What's gonna happen.

Authors Note.

Let me know how I'm doing so I can update more often.