'Til the Day I Die

Niko's POV

I'm sitting in the bar with Marcel as we pour one out for josh. We clink our glasses together and throw them back.

"I know he was a good friend to you Marcel. Hell he was family but I know he's in a better place watching over us." I say looking at the picture in front of me.

"He suffered a lot over the years because of the constant war in the city but we'll make him proud Niko." He says pouring me another drink as I nod in agreement.

——————————————————

My Aunt Freya has decided to get married today my dad was off getting her the venue she wanted and my mom was with her and Rebekah choosing out a dress. And Hope is moping in the cemetery. I have decided to go spend time with Keelin. She may be with my Aunt Freya but she really does not interact much with my family.

I walk into the parlor where Keelin was trying on her dress and sat down on the couch waiting for her to come out from behind the dressing wall.

"Hello Keelin." I said when she came out to look at herself in the mirror. She turned around startled but calmed when she saw it was just me.

"Oh Niko you scared me. Do you need something?" I stood up and walked in front of her.

"I just wanted to ask you something."
She nodded for me to continue. "You have put up with my family for the last 8 years because of your love for my Aunt Freya. She has my family who surrounds her with love and you have only ever had her. I appreciate everything you have done for us so I am asking if I can walk you down the aisle today and be your best man." The tears in her eyes have started dripping down her face as she pulled me into a hug I rested my head on top of hers.

"I take that as a yes then." She pulled away and started wiping her face.

"Of course it's a yes Niko. I have watched you and your sister grow up and I have always admired the loyalty you have shown and your willingness to keep your family safe and I am so happy that you feel close enough with me to share the same love." I wiped her face and gave her another hug.

"No crying it's your wedding day. Now I know my dad is getting everything my Aunt Freya want but is their anything you would want today for your special day." I asked.

"I don't need anything more Niko you wanting to walk me down the aisle is enough."

"Ok well I have to go make sure things are in order if you need anything call me okay." She nodded and I turned and left.

——————————————————

After getting all the wedding things in order I went up to my room and got dressed in my tux.

As I'm getting dressed I think of all the things that almost went wrong today. Keelin almost left because Aunt Freya was falling apart over Vincent and Uncle Elijah not coming. Dad said that Hope was getting worst and Marcel was dealing with Declan it was up to me my mom and Aunt Rebekah to try and fix things.

I went downstairs and to the parlor where Keeling was dressed looking at herself in the mirror.

"I like that one better than what you had on earlier." She turned around to look at me. "You look beautiful on you special day and now it's time for us to get to the venue so." I held out my arm to her. "Shall we." She nodded and took my are and we got into my car and I drove off.

——————————————————-

We got to the wedding and I walked with Freya down the aisle and stood by her we only waited a bit till my Aunt Freya came down with my Dad and Uncle.

——————————————————

After the ceremony we enjoyed a beautiful but small reception Hope was dancing with Keelin. Kol and Davina were dancing next to them. My mom was sitting with Marcel and Rebekah. Uncle Elijah was watching from where he was leaning on a tree. I was watching Hope with my dad as my Aunt Freya got us drinks from the bar next to us we were snapped out of staring with her speaking to us.

"I wonder how you both will be like when she goes to prom." Before we can answer to her we hear Keelin helping Hope as she stumbles. We all rush forward to make sure she's okay.

"Is she alright." My dad asks as Hope straightens herself out.

"Yeah. My medical diagnosis is too much champagne." Keelin say trying to put everyone at ease.

"Oh yeah. Speaking of, I would like to make a toast." Hope says as she grabs a flute of champagne. "This has been the best day ever. And you know what? You guys got a thousand years of moments like this one. And being part of this one really made me feel like I'm part of "Always and Forever," too. So cheers." We all cheers to her toast.

—————————————————

After the wedding I went to my room and called Lizzie. I know it's late but I really wanted to hear her voice.

"Hello."

"Hey Lizzie."

"Niko , hey how was everything today."

"You know all things went well considering the circumstances. I have been gone from you for to long though. I miss you ."

"I miss you too are you gonna be back soon."

"Hopefully. It's been peaceful so far but I know the peace won't last long."

"We'll just know if you ever need help I am more than willing to help you."

"I know you are and I love you for that but let's hope I never have to.

Authors note: Hello everyone long time no update I know but I felt like giving you something since a few of you have been leaving me comments which is what motivated me to write. Only 2 more chapters for the originals. So buckle up cream puffs it's going to be a wild ride